I met Joe Royle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JammyP

He's my brother
When I was working in a video shop in Norwich, where he finished up with his boots on. Lots of Norwich players came in - Chris Woods, Martin O,Neill. I asked Mr Royle if he was Joe - he looked like he was. I said I used to sit on my brother's shoulders at Gwladys street, and he was still my hero. He took it really well. He was, is a complete gent. Still had the charisma. Still my hero.
images

When I was working in a video shop in Norwich, where he finished up with his boots on. Lots of Norwich players came in - Chris Woods, Martin O,Neill. I asked Mr Royle if he was Joe - he looked like he was. I said I used to sit on my brother's shoulders at Galdwys street, and he was still my hero. He took it really well. He was, is a complete gent. Still had the charisma. Still my hero.
images
what videos did he get?

Is his autobiography still widely available?

Love Joe Royle, but I never got that one for some reason, probably childbirth or marriage or something big at the time.

Everton.jpg

Here is the man himself in "Back to the Future". This is the game at Goodison in August 69, our first ever away game in the top flight, where despite taking the lead we got clumped 3-1.
Palace players L to R ( not including the fella obscured by big Joe) John McCormick, Tony Taylor and Gerry Queen. I'm thinking that is Jimmy Husband between Joe and Bally?

Status
Not open for further replies.