Hypothetical Manager Shortlist No.1

Next manager of our dearly beloved blueboys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record I would pick Howe before Viera and Arteta, personally, both would be a major, major, major gamble, not a single manager we would appoint wouldnt be a gamble, but I would honestly prefer to appoint a manager with more than 6months experience.

Silva im not overly keen on, but I would probably take him before Howe.

Silva doesnt just have a fancy name and wears designer suits, hes got experience of winning trophies in Europe and experience of being in charge of clubs with a big stature.

Howe doesnt have a fancy name and wears trackies, hes done utterly superb at B'mouth and hes still very young, but how would he handle the pressure? He lasted 9 months at Burnley, granted he was younger back then and its a cliche, but managing a team with no expectations is a far bigger job that managing Everton. He would be under more media scrutiny and the fans, my God the fans.

Hes also never won a pot, now again thats unfair cos hes still only 40 and "only" managed Bournemouth, but its gotta be a factor.

We could certainly do worse and I would very interested in him joining a "bigger" club and seeing how he got on, but I would prefer that club NOT be Everton.

I disagree. Howe has something about him and is well worth a shot. At the very least, he'll be a step in the right direction for the type of football we'd like to play. If we're going to trouble the top 6, we need to take a risk and go with a manager that we think will be worth a lot more in a few years than he is now. Howe is this man, I can see it with my multidimensional footballing sense. Can't wait to pyar vault you when we lift the FA Cup with him next year. Well, either him or B-Rod

I disagree. Howe has something about him and is well worth a shot. At the very least, he'll be a step in the right direction for the type of football we'd like to play. If we're going to trouble the top 6, we need to take a risk and go with a manager that we think will be worth a lot more in a few years than he is now. Howe is this man, I can see it with my multidimensional footballing sense. Can't wait to pyar vault you when we lift the FA Cup with him next year. Well, either him or B-Rod

I didnt say no, nor did I say he was tosh, I just would prefer others before him.

PREMIER LEAGUE

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fc0a1c9b2-52fd-11e8-b178-bc31026aef36.jpg

Sam Allardyce’s job under threat from Porto coach Sérgio Conceição
exclusive
Matt Hughes, Gary Jacob
May 9 2018, 12:01am, The Times

Everton have identified the Porto coach Sérgio Conceição as a candidate to replace Sam Allardyce should he leave Goodison Park this summer. The former England manager is under pressure because of discontent among fans, who have booed him at away matches throughout the season and called for his dismissal during the final home game against Southampton last weekend. The club’s board have yet to offer him any public backing.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...t-from-porto-coach-sergio-conceicao-pr09t0scc

PREMIER LEAGUE

exclusive
Matt Hughes, Gary Jacob
May 9 2018, 12:01am, The Times

Everton have identified the Porto coach Sérgio Conceição as a candidate to replace Sam Allardyce should he leave Goodison Park this summer. The former England manager is under pressure because of discontent among fans, who have booed him at away matches throughout the season and called for his dismissal during the final home game against Southampton last weekend. The club’s board have yet to offer him any public backing.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...t-from-porto-coach-sergio-conceicao-pr09t0scc
TiberiusMay 9 2018, 12:01am,

Allardyce has succeeded in guiding Everton away from relegation but time appears to be running outAction Images via Reuters/Lee Smith

Allardyce has 12 months left on the contract he signed in November and would be due his final year’s salary in full if he were to be dismissed. Everton had initially sought to appoint him on a contract until the end of the season after sacking Ronald Koeman and failing to secure the appointment of Marco Silva but, with the club in a difficult position and battling against relegation, the 63-year-old successfully held out for a longer deal.

Allardyce has succeeded in guiding Everton away from relegation trouble and they will finish eighth in the table, but his style of football does not appeal to supporters who have also taken issue with his public statements.

Since Silva’s star has faded after his sacking by Watford in January, Everton have been considering other options and Conceição is viewed as a leading contender. The former Portugal winger has enjoyed an outstanding first season with Porto after joining them from Nantes last summer, leading them to their first league championship for four years. His side are on course to break a club points record held by José Mourinho and a goals record held by Sir Bobby Robson with the final round of fixtures this weekend.

Conceição has managed six clubs in the past six seasons since spending two years as an assistant coach at Standard Liège and is likely to welcome Everton’s interest. The club would comfortably be able to double his £1.7 million salary and pay the release clause on the year that remains on his contract.

The 43-year-old’s success at Porto is all the more notable as he has had little money to spend due to financial restrictions imposed after the club were found to have breached Uefa’s Financial Fair Play regulations before his appointment last summer. Porto were only permitted to register 22 players in their Champions League squad but still qualified for the knockout stages, where they lost 5-0 to Liverpool in the last 16.

Farhad Moshiri, Everton’s majority shareholder, has been eager to appoint a continental coach committed to attacking football and wants to speak to Conceição to see if he fits the bill.

There's a fair few managers who would sleep under a bridge before talking to Southampton, but it might mean something tbf. I'm not sold on the lad personally. In all seriousness, I really think Howe is a better choice

There are a few names being suggested, Howe included that I think "yeah, he could do a job" but no one who I think would be the perfect choice. Although I am ruling myself out of picking the manager as I thought Martinez and Koeman were great choices! I event thought after the thrashing at Southampton that Allardyce was a must ( short term only) :)

I thought Martinez and Koeman were great choices!

I thought both were poor choices initially, and both surprised me in their first seasons. I have far fonder memories of Martinez tbh, just could never warm to Koeman and couldn't for the life of me see what he was trying to do. The thing is, if you say a manager is going to be crap, you'll be right eventually

I am reasonably certain that Moshiri knows exactly what he is doing now.
He has his DoF , Brands, ready to assume control. I think he will be officially unveiled shortly after this Sunday.
He also knows who will be our next manager ,one of either Silva or Fonseca. He probably already knew this when he only offered Allardyce 6 months.
Perhaps his one problem would have been Allardyce being too successful , as it would have made it awkward to remove him in favour of what many of us might have viewed as a riskier option.
Happily for Farhad, Allardyce's tedious football and unlikeable persona have made his task easy in this respect.
He has had 6 months to get this and more in place . At the final whistle on Sunday everything will begin dropping into place.

I got a little stirring in my nether regions reading that,I hope its true

Yeah, that Conceicao is a perfect candidate for us. Instead of losing 0:4 in the Derby, we're gonna get ripped 0:5 like his Porto side in CL :red:

Status
Not open for further replies.