Huntelaar??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to ruin the happy mood down here but from what I've seen from him at Ajax (not much to see of him at Real/ Milan :) ) I'm affraid he'll struggle as a lone striker in the PL. He's not a target man and not the man of the dribble/action, he's more of a 'goal thief' as we say in Dutch (pinch hitter?) so I think 442 or 433 tactics suit him better...

what do other forum members who followed him in the Dutch league think of this?

If he did come which tbh I doubt, I could see him sharing game time with Saha and or Yak. Also possible he may be the first choice because of the fitness ? of Saha, Yak and Vaughan.

Dutch magazine Voetbal International, which is known for not posting most football speculation without basis, is now also reporting this.

can't post links, since I've got less than 10 comments, so I must be a spammer!

'AC Milan ready with to work rent at Huntelaar' 23/01/2010 11:44
Guy-Jan Huntelaar want to get by on the eye on the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS at speeltijd and would want to leave AC Milan then also. The Italian club would want to rent the pointed a half year at Everton.
The Telegraph know that Milan and Everton the negotiations meanwhile already have been started over a temporary transfer. Milan at which Huntelaar gets by play scarcely, will not want to want do the 26-person whose birthday it is definitively of the hand and sees rent in an a good solution.
Everton, where also former Ajacied John Heitinga under contract stands, is on missing to a new peak after the losing of Jô. The Brazilian was rented by Manchester City, but after he the verbruid had with manager David Moyes verkaste he to

He has a quality reputation, and would be a great signing until the end of the season. We'll just have to see what happens in the next week or so.

Looks like there really might be something in this. The voetbal international link says we're already in negotiations with AC Milan. Hope we can pull this one off, as he could be a great loan deal. Hopefully with an option to buy or first refusal in the future.

Voetball International Translation

A fairly coherant translation of the article from football international.
Klaas Jan Huntelaar is looking at getting more gametime with one eye one the world cup. The italian club would be willing to hire him to EFC for 6 months.
The Telegraph knows that negotiations are already underway about a temporary transfer.
Milan, where Huntelaar rarely plays don't want to sell him permanently and see a loan deal as a good solution.
Everton, where former Ajaxer Heitinga is under contract is looking for a new striker after losing Jo due to a bust up with manager David Moyes.
another Telegraph article also mentions that 6 clubs have contacted his agent about a possible move, Shaktar Donesk being the only one mentioned other than Everton although it's said he left their enquiry unanswered as he doesn't fancy the Ukraine, Also says he doen't want a return to his native Holland. Says he speaks gGerman and english and can get by in spanish and italian and has a preference for these top 4 leagues. He goe on to say that he has now become second choice striker at Milan but is unsure if this is enough to get the gametime required by the national coach to make selection for the WK

with the way the midfield is playing at the moment, he wouldn't exactly need to do much chasing, all we've needed recently is composure in front of goal to put away the dozen chances we create, so Huntelaar should be ideal

Looks like there really might be something in this. The voetbal international link says we're already in negotiations with AC Milan. Hope we can pull this one off, as he could be a great loan deal. Hopefully with an option to buy or first refusal in the future.

Crikey - this just goes to make me more excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.