Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always gotta be someone cryarsing, ‘why didn’t we get Nike, why not Adidas’ etc, news flash we had Nike at the tail end of Moyes reign/start of Martinez’ and it done absolutely nada for us as we were low down their totem pole, we’d have been the same with Adidas and have to put up with the 3 stripes on the kit making it no different to Chelsea’s when they had it

Maybe where you live - I hunted around rebel sports and couldn't find a single thing. Supposed to be expanding and yet we pick the worst possible sporting brand.

By Insta alone - and this is merely a popularity metric.

1 Nike 113m followers (Nike Football 44m)
2 Adidas 25m (Adidas football 31m)
3 Puma 11.2
4 Underarmour 8.2m
5 NB 5.5m (football 1m)
6 Patagonia 4.5m
7 North Face 4.5m
8 Gymshark 4.5m
9 Fila 2m
10 Reebok 2.4m
Hummel 140k

What a shocker.

Chance to break into the market then surely?

It will on depend on Fanatics who sort that out anyway won't it? You saw Rangers kits all around made by Hummel, so if the want to try and sell Everton tops globally all they have to do is try.

When we had Nike you still hardly saw any Everton tops anywhere...

Think people forget we had Nike. Well...Umbro under Nike's guise. All the top clubs got NIKE, everyone else got Umbroniked

By the same logic there are far more Ford Fiestas on the road than there are Aston Martin - to the Fiesta is a better because everyone has one?

I know this comparison is ignoring price, but surely it's better to have something more unique than something common that everyone unimaginative pumps for.

Maybe where you live - I hunted around rebel sports and couldn't find a single thing. Supposed to be expanding and yet we pick the worst possible sporting brand.

By Insta alone - and this is merely a popularity metric.

1 Nike 113m followers (Nike Football 44m)
2 Adidas 25m (Adidas football 31m)
3 Puma 11.2
4 Underarmour 8.2m
5 NB 5.5m (football 1m)
6 Patagonia 4.5m
7 North Face 4.5m
8 Gymshark 4.5m
9 Fila 2m
10 Reebok 2.4m
Hummel 140k

What a shocker.

Just had a look at some other teams that hummel make kits for, I have to say the Coventry kit is absolutely beautiful, I'd like to see how it would look with the royal blue fading to white so if anyone has the IT skills to mock one up then go for it.
200.jpg

Just had a look at some other teams that hummel make kits for, I have to say the Coventry kit is absolutely beautiful, I'd like to see how it would look with the royal blue fading to white so if anyone has the IT skills to mock one up then go for it. View attachment 89389

Agreed but it would go down like a fart in a lift with this crowd being a 19/20 design copying a design from 1986. Just saying.

I'm more arsed about how much dough we get from them. And currently it's the best deal we've ever had.

Hopefully it can be a hand in hand thing, we help them grow and eventually the deal get's even more lucrative.
I would expect the more we grow and if we get Europe and things then the deal will go up. I like the idea that they will grow with us. I know people want a mega deal but we dont have a lot to offer at the moment except potential because of cash and a new stadium

By the same logic there are far more Ford Fiestas on the road than there are Aston Martin - to the Fiesta is a better because everyone has one?

I know this comparison is ignoring price, but surely it's better to have something more unique than something common that everyone unimaginative pumps for.
I don't really agree in this instance. If the kit looks good and we sell a load of them then great. If it looks rubbish and nobody wants to buy one then no it definitely isn't better. The deal is good because it got us more money. Pretty much every other reason that anyone has put forward is just an attempt to make it sound better than it is.

Not over the moon with Hummel to be honest. Would rather have lept Umbro, although no qualms about the club going for a better financial deal, hummel just strikes me as tin pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.