Hull Tigers v Everton. New Year's Day at 15.00.

Do you have a New Year's resolution lad?

• Stop smoking

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Go the gym

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Be less of a tit

Votes: 36 14.2%
  • F off Everton

Votes: 175 68.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If hes not gone then it is "Good night Everton and bye bye" for a very long time

Give it a break. We are on a crap run, it happens. The seniors in the squad need to get their heads out of their arses and start putting it about again. We have a good squad low on confidence. We've all been here before......

I was all for Roberto before we even got him, and until this Xmas period, I've still supported him and thought he would get it right, but my unrequited love for this club has finally altered my blinkered view. Having watched Everton since the late Catterick days, I can honestly say that this run is as bad as anything I've known under Bingham, Lee, HK 2/3, Smith and Moyes; the spineless, clueless drudge is only comparable with Mike Walkers tenure, and in fairness to him, he never had players like Coleman, Barkley, McCarthy, Mirallas etc.
This season was ruined by the managers arrogance and selfishness before a ball was kicked: he assumed he only needed to secure Lukaku and last season's (mid-season) form would automatically continue; he preferred his highly lucrative Brazillian jaunt to his day job - failing to prepare his players for a tough season ahead. He never had the intelligence to realise his ageing defence and dodgy goalkeeper needed attention, and his comments about corners, defending and persisting with his redundant ideology have sealed it for me.
"Depart I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go"
Agree with JP. There was a few doubts in my mind at start of season but thinking after today's game that this will get worse before better .. Hate to be negative but we are in bother ... Need clearout of deadweight on books to start and free up some wages for some loans or new players . Mcgeady , no good. Pienaar never be the same again - always injured - Barry - a joke - Robles - anyone is better - - Alcaraz and kone got Wigan relegated and not good enough for our great club - let big dunc take training tomorrow and kicks all there a...s

What's the story with Garbutt being omitted from today's squad; thought he added more threat from corners against Newcastle...

Remember last season when everyone was saying how much of an improvement Martinez was. Not hearing that so much these days. He really is the perfect example of style over substance: personally he is a very nice, well-spoken, media-friendly bloke; professionally he is regarded as playing football 'the right way' (whatever that means).
Yet where it actually matters - getting results - he's showed at Wigan and now at Everton Athletic that he takes teams backwards.
The way we are now has relegation written all over it.
I cant see where the next points are coming from.
What worries me is how we're going to get another 20 points.
We'll be in the bottom 3 in a months time.

RM: "I thought the only positive was the way we started - we were trying to find momentum but conceding a simple goal affected us too much."
RM: "We had chances today but there is a lack of confidence. It is a tough period but we still want to find real success this season."
RM: "Kevin [Mirallas] was feeling a little bit sore at half-time and we needed everyone to be 100% in order to be dynamic."

When Wigan were relegated in 2012-2013 they had only won 5 games by January 1st, how many games have we won?

Before todays game
Everton have made only (316) tackles, Only Burnley have made less tackles
Kept 3 Clean Sheets, Joint bottom with Leicester on 3
Conceded 31 Goals, Only QPR have conceded more
10 Errors Leading to Goals , nearest teams are on 6
Everton have been caught offside 49 times, more than any other team
Points Won from Losing Positions 2, nearest teams are on 3
Points Lost from Leading Positions 15, Only Swansea have lost more 16

Close the door on your way out Mr Martinice

Happy New Year!

Nah not having a go mate, we are diabolical and sleepwalking into a relegation scrap I am not sure we are capable of winning.

What's the story with Garbutt being omitted from today's squad; thought he added more threat from corners against Newcastle...

Probably dropped after he said the team hadn't practised formation etc that was used in the Newcastle match.

Status
Not open for further replies.