Howard Kendall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote him a 5 page letter after we lost away at Ipswich in 1983 telling him what was wrong and what he needed to do to put it right.
He never replied but he did what I advised him to do so I reckon it was all down to me
He mentioned that letter when I shook his hand, he said he was going to make the changes anyway, but he did commend me on my warm, manly handshake.

Laughed out loud when a very young Allezlesbleus and Madame Allezlesbleus asked for photos at Servette pre season tournament 1984 when we told him we were on honeymoon!!! He really did have a great way with the average fan. Bumped into him outside Goodison a couple of years before his death when he was laughing and joking with John Bailey. I just said, Howard, thanks for everything you did for Everton. He just laughed and said, "think nothing of it. The pleasure was all mine!" I think he knew though what he meant to fans of a certain generation.

35 years ago today, Stoke City vs Everton in the FA cup at the Victoria Ground, the game when Kendall opened the dressing room window so the players could here all the fans “That’s your team talk. Don’t let those fans down.”.

A game just as important as the turning point known as the Kevin Brock back pass at Oxford United.

RIP Howard, you absolute legend

Status
Not open for further replies.