Howard Kendall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
1:16... Colin taking about 2 seconds to understand the pass isn't on and running in to space and playing it wide. It's these simple things we haven't done well for a long time.
If I had one wish for Evertonians, it would be that everyone of them could have experienced supporting this club when those lads wore the royal blue shirts! I genuinely never gave a [Poor language removed] who we were playing, we could match anyone and embarrass them!

The club had a very different culture back then.

Winning and trophies/glory was all that mattered. The crowd were even more demanding than what they claim now lmfao. Only winners and those
with special drive had longevity which was why we were never long between trophies.

The club had a very different culture back then.

Winning and trophies/glory was all that mattered. The crowd were even more demanding than what they claim now lmfao. Only winners and those
with special drive had longevity which was why we were never long between trophies.

Every club have their rough periods, however what I particularly didn’t like especially during the likes of the Moyes era was a sort of disbelief at some of us not being totally engrossed with what was happening on and off the pitch . True he did well considering the funds he had however I was never totally comfortable with it, thinking it shouldn’t have got to the “punching above our weight” “be careful what you wish for” buzzword stuff.

I for one as a youngster really enjoyed those three or four games Howard played as player manager, his quality shone like a beacon and I could appreciate what a superb player he must have been in his prime for us:)
Kendal was indeed a very good player, but I disagree with you about those few games he played as player/manager, he was like an assassin,
I used to cringe and wince at his tackling, really over the top.

Howard was brilliant as part of the Holy Trinity but for me he played his best football after Bally was sold; everyone, including the players, was stunned, but HK took over the captaincy and almost single-handedly carried a declining team for the next couple of years - Colin was struggling with injury. Without Howard there's a good chance we would have gone down in that bleak fag-end of the ailing Catterick's reign.

I've a vague memory that Ramsey said he didn't pick him for England, and gave Colin just one cap, because neither of them scored enough goals, yet he picked a yard dogs like Stiles and, even worse, Storey ahead of them. Should be posthumously stripped of his knighthood and given to Sir Howard!

35 years ago today, Stoke City vs Everton in the FA cup at the Victoria Ground, the game when Kendall opened the dressing room window so the players could here all the fans “That’s your team talk. Don’t let those fans down.”.

A game just as important as the turning point known as the Kevin Brock back pass at Oxford United.

RIP Howard, you absolute legend

Was at both of those games, the atmosphere/noise at that Stoke game was something else!

You're right HK, absolute legend, it was a pleasure to watch the man play for then manage Everton!

Howard came over to N Ireland, Donaghadee I think it was, and gave a pall to ESCNI . I shook his hand at the end, the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. The man was and will always be a legend.

A true legend of this club. I only saw him as a manager. I hope my son gets to see the same as I did at his age. Hard working, skilful players working in harmony as a team. Thanks Howard.

Howard came over to N Ireland, Donaghadee I think it was, and gave a pall to ESCNI . I shook his hand at the end, the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. The man was and will always be a legend.
i agree m8 a legend and a nice bloke.

Attachments

• 20170813_144320.jpg
    20170813_144320.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40

Status
Not open for further replies.