How unfit we are

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get your point but still feel it’s about choosing the right time to press. The Man City press is still based on them quickly regaining the ball to then use their passing ability to retain it. We have barely any players who are comfortable in sustained possession. We could press for 90 mins but would still be ineffectual with the ball and continuously lose it. Until we have players who can put together more than three passes then we will always struggle.

We will always struggle with a team of limited technical ability. Losing possession is inevitable, the solution to this problem is to create more possession, and the only way to do it is to press.

If you limit the opponent build up and turn it into our attacking opportunity more often than not, we will end up dominating and most likely deserve a result.

Our lack of pressing intensity is deep rooted, and it goes as far back as Silva, koeman or Martinez. Every manager that comes in complain about intensity and effort at some point. The culture within the team is concerning. It’s either unfit or can’t be arse.

We will always struggle with a team of limited technical ability. Losing possession is inevitable, the solution to this problem is to create more possession, and the only way to do it is to press.

If you limit the opponent build up and turn it into our attacking opportunity more often than not, we will end up dominating and most likely deserve a result.

Our lack of pressing intensity is deep rooted, and it goes as far back as Silva, koeman or Martinez. Every manager that comes in complain about intensity and effort at some point. The culture within the team is concerning. It’s either unfit or can’t be arse.
I'll go with can't be arsed and it's a deep rooted team culture ethic. Too many players have been here too long and until they're gone we will struggle to implement any large scale changes in their play. The lack of pace in the midfield and defence has always left us with an inability to adopt certain playing systems and we can only hope that we'll get shot of a few more of the dead weights before the transfer window closes, but I won't hold my breath.

We look fitter than in previous seasons.
Ebb and flow most matches, "game management". The back line looks more able to cope in these less pressing moments. Should have finished forest off in first half. Substitutions let them in the game.

New season, new personnel, same story. Rafael's decision to bin off Dan Donachie looking like a personality clash rather than actually finding the source of the problem.

Once a player gets one injury, they seem to pick up another almost immediately upon their return.

Is the rehab too focused on the area of recovery rather than keeping the overall athlete fitness in check whilst in rehab?

Will be interesting to see the extent of the Davies groin issue and if it was just precaution.

We are definitely unfit. Unfit to play a high press high tempo game for 90mins. No doubt about it.
We aren't as fit as the good pressing teams , there is no doubt about that. City, Liverpool, SPurs are miles ahead of us. Then again they don't have Rondon. The pressing at Fleetwood was embarrassing for a premiership professional team.

I haven't seen it mentioned before, but does Everton create meal plans for the players or ban certain foods like Man U and Man City do with their players?

I haven't seen it mentioned before, but does Everton create meal plans for the players or ban certain foods like Man U and Man City do with their players?

Didn't Koeman arrive and couldn't believe the food the players were eating? (As in, it was pretty poor).

I'd find this insight pretty interesting as well. Watching the Arsenal All or Nothing at the moment - the food there generally doesn't look as good as you'd think it would, either.

Didn't Koeman arrive and couldn't believe the food the players were eating? (As in, it was pretty poor).

I'd find this insight pretty interesting as well. Watching the Arsenal All or Nothing at the moment - the food there generally doesn't look as good as you'd think it would, either.

In once scene the chef tells Kieran Tierney that two pieces of the meat (not sure if it was steak) cost £140. We're probably dishing out rollover hot dogs in the player's canteen at £1.40 a pop.

There was one time on here a member mentioned reading that one of our new players was shocked at the food being served in the dining room. I think he mentioned a full English breakfast which would be good for weekends, but I can't imagine that would be good before training or a match??

Completely fell apart after 70mins. Again the question is, unfit or can’t be arse.
Unfit and unable to focus for 90. So mentally unfit I guess. And bottle to keep pushing AND focusing when they are spent, rather than putting hands on knees and looking at the bench.

Lots of our players are as fit as they’ll ever be. But teams that on paper have zero players we would want to swap for just build a squad of athletes. Towards the bottom of the table and in this weird new era of “which team ran the most km”, it seems to yield more points than their talent would suggest.

I guess Gana fits this brief, more engine than ability.

Unfit and unable to focus for 90. So mentally unfit I guess. And bottle to keep pushing AND focusing when they are spent, rather than putting hands on knees and looking at the bench.

Lots of our players are as fit as they’ll ever be. But teams that on paper have zero players we would want to swap for just build a squad of athletes. Towards the bottom of the table and in this weird new era of “which team ran the most km”, it seems to yield more points than their talent would suggest.

I guess Gana fits this brief, more engine than ability.
KM covered doesn't tell the whole story. Riquelme probably didn't cover more than 3k a game. Benni Mcarthy was famous for gaming the stats system by sprinting to the corner flag every corner. I understand that fitness can be an issue but football isn't all about KM covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.