How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until we find a better long term replacement.

No more knee-jerk panic, a la 2017-18.

A competent management team ALWAYS has a plan B. Even when things are going well, there should always be a contingency plan. It’s called Due Dilligence.

What if the manager is suddenly approached by another club? Could be taken ill or worse.

If the Everton board haven’t been speaking to candidates by now, there’s really no hope for us.

I think the west ham match is vital for him. A loss there and in particular by not showing a onivious change in some of the tactics will nail the coffin.

Zonal marking has to go. It is shocking that we have become a laughing stock with this tacitc alone. It doesnt work for our team. End of. Needs to go man to man.

Pace from the off. If we start at the usual slow pace i have no puty if he gets lynched. Its too slow. We go behind and am i right in saying another shocking stat is we have never come back from going behind to win under marco in 18 months? How on earth then are we starting matches with zero intensity.

1 holding midfielder. We cannot continue with 2 at home.

Drop underperforming non intensity non brave players.

Otherwise pack ur bags marco.

Until we find a better long term replacement.

No more knee-jerk panic, a la 2017-18.

We stayed up that year. Imagine the pressure that would come in janurary if liverpool are walking away with their first premier league and we are in bottom 3. Teams have improved. We havent.We cannot stick with him if he cant get points on the board soon.

I don’t think Zonal marking is the issue. Many great sides have used it successfully. Put John Terry in a zone & he’d put his head through anything in it.

The main problem is we’re lacking concentration, fight, desire, will to win.

On paper we’ve probably got the 8th-9th best squad in the league. Well short of the top 4, but comfortably good enough to be beating Villa/Bournemouth/Burnley ..., but there’s just no winning mentality.

Whether it’s down to the fitness conditioning or moral, it’s the Manager’s job to identify & put right. He’s clearly incapable.

We had 2 weeks to make the change & prepare for west ham.

Now it’s only one..

Just who is in charge of this decision? Is it Brands? Moshiri? Billy Liar?

The structure of the club isn’t even clear. It’s a rudderless ship.

I'd have sacked him right after the Burnley game, West Ham game is massive.

A competent management team ALWAYS has a plan B. Even when things are going well, there should always be a contingency plan. It’s called Due Dilligence.

What if the manager is suddenly approached by another club? Could be taken ill or worse.

If the Everton board haven’t been speaking to candidates by now, there’s really no hope for us.
competent being the operative word here
I think the west ham match is vital for him. A loss there and in particular by not showing a onivious change in some of the tactics will nail the coffin.

Zonal marking has to go. It is shocking that we have become a laughing stock with this tacitc alone. It doesnt work for our team. End of. Needs to go man to man.

Pace from the off. If we start at the usual slow pace i have no puty if he gets lynched. Its too slow. We go behind and am i right in saying another shocking stat is we have never come back from going behind to win under marco in 18 months? How on earth then are we starting matches with zero intensity.

1 holding midfielder. We cannot continue with 2 at home.

Drop underperforming non intensity non brave players.

Otherwise pack ur bags marco.
:zzz::zzz::zzz:with the zonal marking silliness. half the best teams in the world deploy zonal marking with great success. of course we simply don't have the players to quite pull it off
We stayed up that year. Imagine the pressure that would come in janurary if liverpool are walking away with their first premier league and we are in bottom 3. Teams have improved. We havent.We cannot stick with him if he cant get points on the board soon.
by the same token, quite a few teams have regressed (ManUre, Arsenal (IMO), certainly Spurs). In fact if they were still very good, then few if any of the teams you've inferred wouldn't appear to have improved at all

Status
Not open for further replies.