How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't convinced by either performances since the loss at Villa, but a win nonetheless is progress. We'd have lost or drew that game yesterday perhaps 12 months ago, and i am convinced a finer cup team will see us off, we play slower than my nan, and shes been dead 20 years.

Almost every metric any wants to measure is moving in the right direction. Goals conceded is decreasing, goals scored is increasing, clean sheets are going up, interceptions and possession are going up, players are improving, the wage bill is going down, atmosphere at Goodison is getting better.

But yeah let’s talk about when we might get rid of him.

Still made changes too late for me. Performance wasn't great yesterday. Could have very easily ended in a draw because we were all over the place defensively, particularly 1st half. The result is ultimately what matters though, great 3 points.

Any game “could have ended in a draw” in theory. Also the Palace and Villa games “could have ended in a win” because we missed chances. We played better than Wolves yesterday and won the game. What do you have an issue with?

It's a fair point that you make, but the luxury of having reliable hardworking substitutes is something we haven't had at the club for years and an argument could be made that we still don't.
We seem to have found it incredibly difficult just to recruit a decent starting eleven despite having potfuls of cash washing around the gaff, but the recruitment of Brands and Silva has definitely put us on the right track. Silva may have to persist with the same tactics for a while yet due to the damage done to the club by Koeman/Walsh et al. I think Silva is doing a decent job with the players that he has, although his persistence with MS until recently was a bit disconcerting.
I think the reasoning with keeping Morgan is that there is no one with the same skill set as him at the club apart from Gbamin.
Delph played well there yesterday but holding or defensive mid is not his natural position

Why do we have to be perfectly perfect? We’re a football team comprised of human beings.

We don't. You just seem to repeatedly take serious issue with anything barely resembling criticism.

All I said was that he made his subs too late and that the performance wasn't particularly good but the result was. Hardly a controversial post.

We don't. You just seem to repeatedly take serious issue with anything barely resembling criticism.

All I said was that he made his subs too late and that the performance wasn't particularly good but the result was. Hardly a controversial post.

It was the part where you said “could have easily ended in a draw” that has perturbed me. Why say that, you didn’t once comment after the Palace game that we could have won because we missed two sitters, only the negatives again. What’s the point having that outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.