How many points will it take too survive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking back all the way to 2003 when West Ham went down with 42 points. Thankfully we won't need that because I don't think we'd get it.

Newcastle are the one to watch if we don't pick up. We can't afford for them to go on a run.

It’s not shocking luck, it’s abysmal finishing.

Shocking luck + shocking finishing + good villa blocks

That centre back pairing of Konsa and Mings have been together for ages now...very effective.

Also Cash seemed to have the game of his life and Digne was massively up for it.

Another day though and im sure we would have had one or two...

even the Doucoure 'pass' to Richarlison and the other which was just past DCL...both in 1st half.

Small margins.

….i reckon we need 5 wins.

19 points heading towards the end of January is seriously bad.

7-9pts from the next 3...

Shocking luck + shocking finishing + good villa blocks

That centre back pairing of Konsa and Mings have been together for ages now...very effective.

Also Cash seemed to have the game of his life and Digne was massively up for it.

Another day though and im sure we would have had one or two...

even the Doucoure 'pass' to Richarlison and the other which was just past DCL...both in 1st half.

Small margins.

7-9pts from the next 3...

….can’t see us getting anything like 7 points from our next 3.

….can’t see us getting anything like 7 points from our next 3.

Newcastle / Leeds / Southampton ?

I think with the 'right' players on the pitch from the start...a bit of time for Ferguson on the training ground and DCL/Richarlison/Allan and Mina getting more match sharpness we'll be fine.

Newcastle / Leeds / Southampton ?

I think with the 'right' players on the pitch from the start...a bit of time for Ferguson on the training ground and DCL/Richarlison/Allan and Mina getting more match sharpness we'll be fine.

….Zat, months ago when I mentioned 20 points at Christmas, I think it was you who listed the next fixtures with a bold points prediction (apologies if I’m wrong on that point), but we’ve lost at Norwich, lost at Brentford etc. i genuinely can’t see us winning at Newcastle.

….Zat, months ago when I mentioned 20 points at Christmas, I think it was you who listed the next fixtures with a bold points prediction (apologies if I’m wrong on that point), but we’ve lost at Norwich, lost at Brentford etc. i genuinely can’t see us winning at Newcastle.

Almost certainly me.

I think though if we were to go with the 2nd half selection (Patterson in for Kenny) and spirit then we should ease through this.

Different manager.

Do you know what? I can't see where / when we'll get another point. I'm so depressed watching them at least Dunc put a bit a fight in that second half. He will learn from it; if he is still in charge for the next few games we might
pick up points but right now 19 points isn't going to be enough. (19 points I did say that didn't I)

Lowish 30s i would say. 35 will probably see us safe so we are looking for about 16 points out of the last 18 games which is more than doable at this point but only if the mess gets sorted out really quickly and we start scoring some goals and winning some games. We have no time to mess around now, the games will reduce down very fast after this international break and we currently don't look capable of winning a game even with Duncan in charge. Effort was better but that isn't going to be enough. We need to get back to basics and install an identity and plan and i am not sure Duncan is experienced enough for that as much as i love the guy.

The damage that the board have done over the last few years and Benitez did this season is very severe. They have basically spent a fortune creating an average mid table team at best managed by a bunch of sub standard and different Managers and then let a Jurassic ex kopite make them even worse than they previously were.

The priority has to be doing whatever it takes to get something sorted right now, there is no time to waste.

Almost certainly me.

I think though if we were to go with the 2nd half selection (Patterson in for Kenny) and spirit then we should ease through this.

Different manager.

….personally, I’d ditch 4-4-2. I think they are trying to shoe-horn Gray and Richarlison in the team. Controversial, I’d leave Gray out and play Richarlison wide left. He gets in terrific goalscoring positions from out wide. Gray looks like he’s run out of steam, he’d be effective off the bench.

Ridiculous getting rid of Digne, but we’re going to have to make do with a CB playing LB. Very concerned with what I’ve seen of Mykolenko. For all his frailties, Keane has to partner Mina. If Coleman doesn’t start, then it has to be Patterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.