How many points will be needed to stay up this season?

How many points will keep a team up

• Under 25

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • 25-29

Votes: 43 17.0%
  • 30-33

Votes: 110 43.5%
  • 34-38

Votes: 80 31.6%
  • 39 plus

Votes: 12 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For any of the bottom 3 to reach the mid 30s it would take them winning 8 or 9 games from their remaining games . I'd see that as highly unlikely. For me 2 of them will be under 30 and one will be 30 or not much more
This. I’d be amazed if 30 points doesn’t keep a team up this season. Only Luton, for me, are capable of going on any sort of run purely because of the way they play which requires the opposition to be switched on all game. Bournemouth have a few very good players that will drag them away from the bottom and I see Burnley and Sheffield Utd being very lucky to get over 25 points, as those two are abysmal.

I still think it will be 36-40 like most years, while 2 may be cut a drift early, i think the 3rd spot will be contested till the last game, all it takes is for one result and form can change either way.
No hope of it going to the last day.. mid to late April at latest this year.. the 3 teams at the bottom are rubbish.

Ideally we'll just keep racking up points enough to be we'll clear by March. Not even a debate then.

Depends if Sheff Utd or Burnley blink and make managerial changes. Fulham might be sucked in too.

Somewhere between 35-40 is my guess.

I went for 30-33 points. Think six more wins will see us safe, although I do have a sneaky feeling that Luton Town will begin to make a fist of it and start picking up points.

They're the team who have probably had the most insults, but you have to say they've made the biggest fist of it so far from the promoted teams. Can clearly dig in and a lot of close defeats.

The three promoted teams are just so bad that I don't see any of them getting close to 30 points.

Confidence will be absolutely shot by the time they get to Christmas and no amount of managerial changes will improve their situations.

Record low number to stay up this year.

34 is my guess. 2 clubs will disappear quickly but I suspect that 1 will pick up a few points off the others at the bottom end.

Given the newly promoted sides didn’t really set their stall out to become PL teams in the last window (and smelled very much of banking the cash, having a go, but using parachute payments to set them up for the next decade), they won’t do anything in Jan. Maybe try and loan Ross out somewhere.

They also seem very loyal and grateful to their managers, which is nice I guess if you don’t mind being terrible. Their squads aren’t built for a new manager bounce, but they are leaving that late anyway. Their PPG just looks like it will continue all year.

You’d think Bournmouth would spend in Jan if they still close, but can’t remember if they have had any decent player profits recently? Surely they must have spent up given their stadium holds about 12 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.