How many points from our opening 5 games?

How many?

• 1-6

• 6-9

• 9-12

• 12-15

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. EVERTON P5 W5 D0 L0 F5 A0 Pts15

Everton being 1st and the 'top 6' filling places 2-7 will really screw with Sky and the BBC.

Can see us only picking up the one point against Stoke. The team doesn't look ready, and some of the players appear confused as to their roles. Think it will take a while for us to find our feet and fully gel.

The start we have to this season makes me remember something similar in the 2015-16 season when we played eight of the previous season's top ten in the first ten games. We got out of that reasonably OK with thirteen points and not too far away from the Euro spots; then the season got proper derailed when we drew with Bournemouth, Norwich, Palace, and lost at home to Leicester and Stoke.

The point is, I know it's a cliche, but there's no easy games. I won't get carried away if we're on fifteen points after five games, but I also won't wet the bed (just yet) if we're on one point after five.

So far over 50 percent of the votes say 1-6 points

And you call me negative?

Perhaps some of you are beginning to realise we are a poorer squad than last season

We got 6 points from the equivalent fixtures last year so I'm not sure how you draw that conclusion. We have what is likely to be 3 of the 6 toughest games we'll play all season in this stretch. If we get as many as 9 points we could well be top of the table by end of November.

Status
Not open for further replies.