How many managers has there been while you have been supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Tommy Egglestone managed us for six games between Catterick and BB. I don't think I ever even heard of him.

Yes....I forgot about Tom :(

Harry was my first and Google told me it’s 21 including Caretaker managers and Kendall’s 3 stints
Id forgotten eggleston

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Everton_F.C._managers

You may have missed Tommy Eggleston who was in charge when Harry took sick for a few weeks mid sixties.
All of the above since I started going the match.

..Tommy Eggleston, not to be mixed up with former player Tommy Eglington.

Agreed , Lee 1978/79 season in with a shout up until Christmas , 1-0 ( h ) and 1-1 (a) record against the R/S , did that against the rest and it would have been a doddle !
There was a couple of seasons 77/78, Forest were great that season,we had a collapse around Xmas 2-6 to Man United then went to Leeds and lost 3-1,then the following season went on a long unbeaten run,got to December and won I think 2 out of 9,including a 3-0 defeat ar Soton on an awful pitch which particularly wound me up after hitching there and not getting home till around dinner time on the Monday,the league cup final I can still picture that ball coming across the 6 yard box at a snails pace and no one doing anything

Harry

Billy B

Gordon Lee

Howard x 3

Colin

Mike Walker

Big Joe

Walter Smith

The Moyesiah

Bobby

Koeman

Unsy

Sam

Caretaker managers:

Steve Burtenshaw

Jimmy Gabriel

Wagga

I make that 13 individual managers, including Unsie as a “full time” manager last autumn and rising to 15 if Howard is counted three times.

And three caretakers I can think off, four if Unsie’s one game stint after Bobby is counted.

Making 19 different regimes.

Ditto plus Ian Buchan and Johnny Carey(taxi..).........

Harry

Billy B

Gordon Lee

Howard x 3

Colin

Mike Walker

Big Joe

Walter Smith

The Moyesiah

Bobby

Koeman

Unsy

Sam

Caretaker managers:

Steve Burtenshaw

Jimmy Gabriel

Wagga

I make that 13 individual managers, including Unsie as a “full time” manager last autumn and rising to 15 if Howard is counted three times.

And three caretakers I can think off, four if Unsie’s one game stint after Bobby is counted.

Making 19 different regimes.
Ditto

Vaguely remember Billy Bingham.

So everyone after that.

Can't be arsed naming them all.

I was at a Bob Latchford night at players a few years ago and Billy Bingham turned up a surprise guest. The fella hosting it said that he was nervous as some blues didnt like him, then this frail old fella turned up and i felt really bad. Sometimes you forget that theyre people too.

There was a couple of seasons 77/78, Forest were great that season,we had a collapse around Xmas 2-6 to Man United then went to Leeds and lost 3-1,then the following season went on a long unbeaten run,got to December and won I think 2 out of 9,including a 3-0 defeat ar Soton on an awful pitch which particularly wound me up after hitching there and not getting home till around dinner time on the Monday,the league cup final I can still picture that ball coming across the 6 yard box at a snails pace and no one doing anything

yep two seasons we should have got trophies , seems games around and after Christmas we go into a slump on the league front

In the Cups its what might have been 77/78 as you say in the LC and then a certain Mr Thomas in the FAC SF , 79/80 dreadful in the league but another what if , FAC SF v West Ham , went to both Kidd sent off 1st game did us in that game , replay jammy Lampard header past Hodge after Latchford scored a blinder of a header to equalize

sigh being an Evertonian not for the faint hearted

Status
Not open for further replies.