How did you become an Evertonian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm from Fife, in the East of Scotland and whenever I tell people I'm an Evertonian I always get puzzled/surprised looks. Whilst I still support my local team up here, (East Fife FC) who happen to play in the lowest division in Scottish football and are absolutely poo, I've always enjoyed watching MOTD while I was growing up and for some reason Everton were the one club that just hooked me and I've supported the club ever since. Former Everton player, Gary Naysmith is now the East Fife player/manager.

I was 7 in a Dublin pub my granny whom I call 'ma' due to crazy home circumstances and her fella Geoff. It was 1995 in the mulingar house the hole place was full of Man United fans. It was the FA Cup final. I remember them cursing, being intimidating and obnoxious. Something about that blues team them all and piping them down made me be an Evertonian. And that was before I was even into football at any level. But it was my 'mas' fella Geoff who start teaching me about Everton that day and guided my toffee nose. He brang me to my first game in 99 derby county , Jeffers scored, Abel Xavier told me to 'get the [Poor language removed] off his car'. Mentally scared me till he moved to Liverpool and everything made sense.

Nice mate :cheers:

Xavier never felt right for us, your anecdote just further backs that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.