Homepage Update: How Can Silva Succeed at Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@catcherintherye

Effectively for Silva and Brands;

To mention some of the players you listed;

Kenny/Holgate -- I think these two will be very well drilled this season. Silva is known to physically grab players and move them into the exact positions he wants them in...even for throw ins.

Davies/Vlasic -- Im wondering if these two will be viewed as box to box midfielders. Silva did very well at Watford improving the central players who seemed limited when he arrived.

Dowell/Lookman -- You cited Richarlison and i think that shows the expectations we have for both these players

DCL -- We saw what he did at hull with niasse and at watford with Gray/Deeney. Im confident that he will be transformed this season after recovering from his injury.

I believe that if we are able to move out our deadwood players quickly and effectively we will be able to invest well in the u23 market and i am extremely confident that by season end we will all be happy and see a very good emerging young side and a new force in English football will begin rocking the boat.

NSNO

If he makes the team play with passion he will be an improvement, if he can get us at least trying to play football and trying the create and score chances , the fans will react and get behind him. If he keeps us around 7th doing these things then this season will be a success IMO and the fans will understand this. The fans aren't stupid and this is one of the reasons bobby got turned on in the end , by giving absurd post match reactions to our crap performances and telling us it was positive, we know we are in a mess, we know it's a massive job, we know it won't happen in 6 months or even a year . If he gives us a team that tries and attacks then he will feel support , and from there constant improvement even if only slight , will keep the fans on board.

What I hope to see:
  • Approach every game with a sensible game plan, specific to that game, and be capable of adapting to how the game is going. That means taking notice of both the attacking and defensive side of the game.
  • Go in to every game expecting that a win is possible. Obviously we won't win every game but you can't go in with an inferior attitude. Sport doesn't work like that and any team is capable of beating any other team in this league.
  • Win a big away game in his first season here. So at any of the 'big'/top 6
  • Win a derby in his first season here.
  • Improve the away record
  • Give the younger talent a chance to prove themselves
  • Don't be stubborn if things aren't working
If he succeeds and our ambitions change, then some of those expectations will increase like: win the Anfield derby, win 2 or 3 aways against the top 6, win a trophy etc.

I expect he'll be hounded out without winning a thing before his contract is up, that's a safe bet really.

Very easily. We’re at rock bottom already in terms of expectation. If he wins v top 6 he’s off to a flyer, wins more than 3 away games in a season we’ll be buzzing, wins away at a top 6 he’s literally a history maker, wins an away derby ditto, wins any derby ditto, gets us into Europe and he’ll be lauded, wins a trophy and we’ll be naming a stand after him. There’s so many ways he can achieve at this job but successive Everton managers have somehow found ways to do even worse just when you think it’s not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.