Home European Group Game Attendances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prices are terrible, but let's not pretend that the group stage of the Europa league is a particularly big draw for fans.

Attendances at this stage are lower than premier league games for all clubs.

Liverpool fans will make a big deal of our prospective Wolfsburg attendances, but they didn't come close to selling out any of their group stage games the last time they were involved.

I'm traveling from South Wales to watch the game, expensive trip as the ticket prices are so high. But it's our first European game for a while so I am looking forward to the evening.

If 25K people turn up, that's gate attendance revenue of 825K. Think Elstone would be made up at that.
However, at 25 quid/ticket, if more than 33,000 turned up, this second pricing option is better.
Would 33,000 people be likely on a week night when it's on telly?

I said all along I was utterly stunned that they never did a '3 game package deal' for the 3 home games.

They should have done a deal whereby if you pay £50/£60 up front, you get a ticket to all 3 games.

It's 'attendance-suicide' the pricing structure they have in place. I dread to think what the attendance will be for Krasandor at home two weeks before Christmas, especially if it's a dead rubber game.

That's a shout. Anybody remember FC Borisov BATE at Goodison? I could have hosted Strictly Come Dancing around my seat and nobody would have noticed.

I'm quite disappointed by the clubs pricing strategy here. I mean Spurs are in London and they are going cheaper - and if memory serves, they've been known to charge upwards of £90 for league games at White Hart Lane. I'm going to go because I am contractually obliged to work Sundays and this season that is going to be an issue for me attending home games, but I do think it's well over the top. It will affect the home atmosphere and this can affect the team, and it will make a show of us on TV.

Also, I may be wrong but since we were last in Europe, having Freeview at least has become compulsory and everyone will have ITV4.

It's a freebie. I don't blame people not paying.

I'm going Thursday but I thought paying £28 for a Europa League group game was really steep, £33 is ridiculous. When we were in Europe a few years back in the group with Zebit, we were charging really good prices and getting gates in the region of 36,000+.

A really low hate might actually be a good thing and show the board they charged too much so they may revise the prices for the other two games.

30,000 ST holders, i'm shocked the majority didn't tick the auto Europa scheme tbh. It's wrong of the club to charge such a big price, esp considering Spurs are cheaper, and of course the lille scheme is so cheap.

But, on the flipside, we pay more than 33 to go to grounds like Leicester etc, it's our first game back in Europe, and personally i'm gutted it's going to be half full. I was hoping for a sell out, noisy as can be and a night to remember. Shame.

All the stick some fans are giving Lille for not selling out their games, and us demanding more tickets......when we will have an almost half empty ground in our first European game for 5/6 years.

Embarrasing.
Spot on, we charged £20 for a testimonial, it's £50 to go to Anfield (fans will be doing everything to get tickets for that, complaining about the price, yes, but still going)

Yet the start of our European adventure, fans are turning their nose up at the price.

What really annoys me most is, we have 30,000 ST holders...the price was £28 for ST holders, so people moaning about it being £33, a lot of you could've got it for £28, which isn't a bad price at all.

I'm also baffled by this. Me and a couple of lads make a 600 mile round trip to every home game from Eastbourne. But we couldn't wait for the draw to see who we got a home 1st for the first European night game under Martinez, and now people are saying it will be only half full. Madness to think more people will go to palace at home.

I'm also baffled by this. Me and a couple of lads make a 600 mile round trip to every home game from Eastbourne. But we couldn't wait for the draw to see who we got a home 1st for the first European night game under Martinez, and now people are saying it will be only half full. Madness to think more people will go to palace at home.

30k people already paid to see Palace at home (and 18 other games) in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.