Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do explain how yesterdays performance was him being a liability? The only thing he lacked was match fitness, but gave his all as always!
I can explain easily - in the first half Stones had to cover for Hibbo in the 2 nd half MaCarthy had to slot in at right back to cover for Hibbo leaving us short in midfield!-
When he went over the half way line players were scared to pass the ball to him as they feared he would waste it going forwards - he has always in his later career back peddled into the box and let the winger run past him that happened yesterday when ballotelii missed his sitter - he is now so slow a tortoise could follow him around - Please do not get me wrong he has been a great servant for the club and when he was younger a good overlapping right back - its two seasons since he was given a good testimonial he should have been shipped out or hung his boots up then that is my opinion he was disastrous v Swansea in midweek - I am amazed he makes the squad TBH - on the plus point he did leave Balotteli in a heap once - Browning did more in five minutes than him in a nutshell he should never have had a contract extension = he is too slow and past it!

Roberto please get a tape of the 2009 Cup Final, you'll only need to watch it until half time, the man I am singling out
is 100% Man, if I was getting battered in a Southport restaurant, it's that 100% Man I'd want on my side, very similar to Mick Lyons & Terry Darracott.

Roberto please get a tape of the 2009 Cup Final, you'll only need to watch it until half time, the man I am singling out
is 100% Man, if I was getting battered in a Southport restaurant, it's that 100% Man I'd want on my side, very similar to Mick Lyons & Terry Darracott.
To compare Tony Hibbert with Terry Darracott is worse than than my opinion of Tony Hibbert now - Hibbo was a far better Right back than him in his prime!

Not sure what this means. Are you saying he's hard?

Wow, excusing criticism now by raking up the cup final where he was injured but Moyes fancied some sort of fit Jacobsen even less. Mind blowing.

[cant find scanners head explosion gif anywhere!]

Oh and he actually did alright yesterday by just backing off and waiting for someone else to tackle Sterling.

The problem was when there wasn't anyone else to cover for him. Good change from Martinez to bring on Browning as it stopped Sterling pushing forward

Browning should have got a few runs out at RB over the last few weeks rather than playing Stones out of position
I thought Hibbo did what he could and Sterling never "did" him
Browning looks good though
Tbh think he would have got a chance at West Brom if our season had started off a little better but that ended up being a must win game to restore confidence after the Chelsea result.

Slighly surprised he didn't get minutes at Swansea but we were giving a lot of players their first starts this season that game - Hibbert, Besic, Gibson, Oviedo and Garbutt - perhaps felt adding Browning was just one step too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.