Handball by Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
In today's rules,it's a penalty however I'm of the opinion that it's not given to clubs of our status. I believe VAR would of gone with on-field decision, but such is the nature of the game now, The games officials are almost too scared of going against these clubs in case of repercussions from the top managers, Pep would be all over the news blasting them, as would Arteta , Klopp amongst others.

It's such a simple rule to cover imo , there has to be intent and " hand to ball ".

Commentator said when the pen was given that it will be unlikely that VAR will overturn the refs on field decision. VAR loathe to disagree with a ref when a decision as crucial as that is made so protected ref. Now if the ref didn't give a pen then VAR would probably attempt to agree with the ref unless totally obvious. Think we would have got away it.
The ref originally gave a corner

You know what I don't think I would. I definitely haven't in the past. My stance on these handball incidents have never changed. If the arm is close to the body in a natural position then it is not handball, especially when it in front of the body, which this was. I could understand more if it was out to the side but it wasn't, it was in front and likely to hit the face or body, if the ball did not hit the arm. It was also fairly high up on the arm, which again, was not stretched out wards away from the body.

People are saying the rule needs changing, no it doesn't it, it needs creating first.

Was never a penalty, regardless of who you support.

Of course you would, we all would.

It was a penalty. It would have been a free kick anywhere else on the pitch. There is nothing he could have done to move out of the way and the ball was heading out of the stadium which is just as frustrating.

I dont get the uproar on the penalty. Just a little harsh.

does the 'hand' not start below the shirt sleeve bottom these days? To me, that looked like it hit him near the shoulder and last time I looked, the arm naturally attaches at the shoulder.

I think it looked worse coz his gangly arms were flailing around all over the place before it hit him.

1000009974.jpg
one a pen the other isnt

Of course you would, we all would.

It was a penalty. It would have been a free kick anywhere else on the pitch. There is nothing he could have done to move out of the way and the ball was heading out of the stadium which is just as frustrating.

I dont get the uproar on the penalty. Just a little harsh.

I haven't in the past, so why would I. There may be an initial claim but once you see the replay, it is clear that it was far too close to his body to be given.

I would have wanted it if it was down the other end but then you see the one not given in the RS Arsenal game and it’s just baffling. It still seems to be far too subjective instead of being clear cut. Either that or the referees are enforcing the current rules one game and not another.

What a joke his arms were in a natural position for a person going to ground like that. We should complain to the corrupt PL sending them photos of loads of people going to block in that position. There must be thousands, grow some EFC you never know with proper research you may get some points back. Pathetic decision by people who don’t play the game.
Unfortunately, it is not the decsion that is wrong but the rules. As far as the latest iteration of the rules are concerned its a handball, common sense says that the rules must be changed ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.