Handball by Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendal

Player Valuation: £750k
What a joke his arms were in a natural position for a person going to ground like that. We should complain to the corrupt PL sending them photos of loads of people going to block in that position. There must be thousands, grow some EFC you never know with proper research you may get some points back. Pathetic decision by people who don’t play the game.

What a joke his arms were in a natural position for a person going to ground like that. We should complain to the corrupt PL sending them photos of loads of people going to block in that position. There must be thousands, grow some EFC you never know with proper research you may get some points back. Pathetic decision by people who don’t play the game.
Couldn't agree more pal. How many points we hoping for?

I honestly don't have a clue what is handball these days.
Same with offside and second faze ?
It's ruining the game.
I caught a game on tv of a German Derby game the other week , it was remarkable the difference in the way the use Var, much less intrusive , hardly noticed it at all , think they disallowed a goal at one piont but it was clear.
At the moment it looks to be favouring certain teams in the prem and not others.
Have we had a pen this year ?

It's ruining the game.
I caught a game on tv of a German Derby game the other week , it was remarkable the difference in the way the use Var, much less intrusive , hardly noticed it at all , think they disallowed a goal at one piont but it was clear.
At the moment it looks to be favouring certain teams in the prem and not others.
Nope, the only prem team not to have had one. Also, not had a player sent off against us since sept 2020. It balances out over a season though hey.

Commentator said when the pen was given that it will be unlikely that VAR will overturn the refs on field decision. VAR loathe to disagree with a ref when a decision as crucial as that is made so protected ref. Now if the ref didn't give a pen then VAR would probably attempt to agree with the ref unless totally obvious. Think we would have got away it.

Nope, the only prem team not to have had one. Also, not had a player sent off against us since sept 2020. It balances out over a season though hey.
These are our last 4 pens as you can see just from them, we hardly ever get given one - (Spurs had Lucas Moura sent off at Goodison in april)

Lewin away to Leicester in May - Scored
Gray away to Forest in march - Scored
Gray home to Brighton in Jan - scored
Richarlison home to Brentford in may 2022 - scored

Commentator said when the pen was given that it will be unlikely that VAR will overturn the refs on field decision. VAR loathe to disagree with a ref when a decision as crucial as that is made so protected ref. Now if the ref didn't give a pen then VAR would probably attempt to agree with the ref unless totally obvious. Think we would have got away it.
Personally I still think VAR would have given it.

It's ruining the game.
That daft offside now where they wait till the player touches the ball caused Stones injury last night but it could have quit easily been Beto with a broken leg

The thing is for me on last nights penalty...

We would be screaming for a penalty if that was against a team we was playing against and we would go mad if it wasn't given.

It was 100% a penalty. the rule just needs changing.

You know what I don't think I would. I definitely haven't in the past. My stance on these handball incidents have never changed. If the arm is close to the body in a natural position then it is not handball, especially when it in front of the body, which this was. I could understand more if it was out to the side but it wasn't, it was in front and likely to hit the face or body, if the ball did not hit the arm. It was also fairly high up on the arm, which again, was not stretched out wards away from the body.

People are saying the rule needs changing, no it doesn't it, it needs creating first.

Was never a penalty, regardless of who you support.

Status
Not open for further replies.