Handball by Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would a thought that a twitter account could build up a dossier of Var decisions. At the minute it’s all hearsay. I think big teams get the decisions, but it would be good to have an account that actually gave the examples.

You would a thought that a twitter account could build up a dossier of Var decisions. At the minute it’s all hearsay. I think big teams get the decisions, but it would be good to have an account that actually gave the examples.

I remember when Moyes quite rightly complained about it, when at Everton, it actually got worse.

Nobody wants to hear this, but, most clubs in the league could compile a massive list of incidents were they feel they didn't get the decision they deserved.

But, for the record, if that's handball, then I'm Putin's body double.

I want consistency, but it appears that's too much to ask for. Personally I'd go back to handball having to be deliberate, but that would lead to fewer penalties and controversy which seems to be what's required these days.
I'd be happy to see the referee mic'd up and have to explain his decision to the crowd like the NFL..

I'd be happy to see the referee mic'd up and have to explain his decision to the crowd like the NFL..
The mic'd just highlights how utterly clueless they are.

People try and enforce their views and football is subjective, it should be 1 man's decision, yet in most cases 3 or 4 different people pipe up and people are terrified to make a mistake so they go with the flow, safety in numbers.

What a joke his arms were in a natural position for a person going to ground like that. We should complain to the corrupt PL sending them photos of loads of people going to block in that position. There must be thousands, grow some EFC you never know with proper research you may get some points back. Pathetic decision by people who don’t play the game.
What in the world does that company take us for?

Im betting VAR and penalty decisions line up pretty closely to that, especially since we have had the least penalties of anyone in the past 2 seasons. 5 to 2 red cards for us over the past 4 years for mots referees... but Oliver and Pawson alone are 8 red cards for us 0 for the others. Beyond suspicious.

I think the only 2 solutions for handball in the box.

Either a silhouette concept so arms can be in natural positions protecting body parts like a the face & clearly not trying to gain advantage. If the ball is going to get blocked by your head or body anyway & you only do a natural protective motion.

Or go scorched earth & say touches the arm, it’s always a pen. No grey areas.

On our one I’ve done that tackle 100s of times. Onana’s position is 100% natural when turning your body to make it. His arm barely moved if at all because you naturally protect the head on instinct not just from the ball but at that pace also from face planting the turf after.

The ref blew and pointed for a corner. He had a clear view especially of the speed of the block and ball.
City players all claimed handball, liner says something. He then points to spot.
True bottle job.
He was right but was overwhelmed into changing his decision.

As ever no words or insight into why. Just silence after yet another poor performance

The ref blew and pointed for a corner. He had a clear view especially of the speed of the block and ball.
City players all claimed handball, liner says something. He then points to spot.
True bottle job.
He was right but was overwhelmed into changing his decision.

As ever no words or insight into why. Just silence after yet another poor performance
But the linesman did advise him that he thought it was a penalty, and the ref went by that. City surrounding the ref was ridiculous and perhaps it did have a bearing on the eventual decision, but giving a view on decisions is one of the linesman's roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.