Handball by Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue was that defenders had started going to block the ball with their arms out, knowing that of they didn't block it with their body it would hit their arm and couldn't be handball. They then changed the rules to try and stop this, which is how we ended up with the farce we have now. The easiest thing to do is just have a blanket rule that if it hits the hand it's a free kick or penalty no matter what. In field hockey if it hits your leg it's a free hit whether you mean it or not. This would stop any debate.
It would also be horrible and completely unfair.

That's what we want, is it?
I want consistency, but it appears that's too much to ask for. Personally I'd go back to handball having to be deliberate, but that would lead to fewer penalties and controversy which seems to be what's required these days.

We would have been cry corruption if it wasn’t given for us.
Obviously it wouldn’t have been given for us.
those haven't been given for us, for years! there's probably been 5 or so in the VAR era alone, that have been completely glossed over.

More ball to hand, there is no way on Earth he meant to handball that shot, it was far too close to him to get out of the way of and he would of been doing what I would have done, protecting his face.
See. It’s nice when somebody actually explains why they disagree respectfully instead of making a baseless smug idiotic comment that has no relevance to the conversation. @Kevsleftpeg is a kopite

You come with dumb and you get it back
The fact you don't recognise ball to hand as a concept leads me to believe you have never played the game. That's a perfectly reasonable assumption. Your interpretation of the rules is the type of thing I would expect from an American. Are you from the US by any chance?

You couldn't argue. Now we have VAR, if it hits your hand it's a penalty. All defenders would be putting their hands behind their backs, especially in the box.
Except sometimes its not. Even their dumb rules they dont rule consistently on it and theres never an explanation because they dont have one other than "we wanted this team to win"

The fact you don't recognise ball to hand as a concept leads me to believe you have never played the game. That's a perfectly reasonable assumption. Your interpretation of the rules is the type of thing I would expect from an American. Are you from the US by any chance?
You come back and make the same pointless comment. It has no relevance to the conversation. A kopite should know when to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.