2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is typical Sigurdsson. He has an ok ish performance & gets an assist from a dead ball situation in every 8-10 games or so (dunno the stats, made a guess) & when he does it pulls the wool over the eyes of some who still believe there is a player in there. In every other game except for when he is, at best ok ish he holds us back in so many aspects of his play which is hugely detrimental to the others around him too.
Where was this ok ish performance every other game we have played this season? It screams 'please don't sell me' at the end of a season when his place is at threat. Yes, well done on the assist blah blah but you should really be providing the play for many many more throughout a season. Sell.

Ancelotti:

"The key position was the position of Gylfi Sigurdsson. They were able to screen the passes in the first half, but in the second half they had less energy to press and we had more opportunity to find a solution between their lines."

The Italian went on to say “I’ve read the Gylfi Sigurdsson thread on Grand Old Team, leave the football to me lads, Carlo out”.

This is typical Sigurdsson. He has an ok ish performance & gets an assist from a dead ball situation in every 8-10 games or so (dunno the stats, made a guess) & when he does it pulls the wool over the eyes of some who still believe there is a player in there. In every other game except for when he is, at best ok ish he holds us back in so many aspects of his play which is hugely detrimental to the others around him too.
Where was this ok ish performance every other game we have played this season? It screams 'please don't sell me' at the end of a season when his place is at threat. Yes, well done on the assist blah blah but you should really be providing the play for many many more throughout a season. Sell.

I agree but Davies, Gomes and Delph have been so far below the required standard too. I wouldn´t make a case for any of them to stick around but some of them will just because we haven´t got the money to replace them. I hope Ancelotti bets on the right one.

Putting himself in the shop window ?

He, apparently, only has eyes for the MLS next so could be a wait but, still somebody:

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.