2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched 3mins of that interview.

He came across as quite a boring guy and im not quite sure about captaincy traits there...but hey its just a media interview.

Another player who like Tosun needs a specific type of team built round him. I would happily take any offer we got for him and even subsidise his wages for next 2 years to get him off the books. The problem is if he stays because of the fee and the wages managers feel like they have to utilise him. I would have him as a substitute at best someone we can bring on if we want to try something different.

Another player who like Tosun needs a specific type of team built round him. I would happily take any offer we got for him and even subsidise his wages for next 2 years to get him off the books. The problem is if he stays because of the fee and the wages managers feel like they have to utilise him. I would have him as a substitute at best someone we can bring on if we want to try something different.

I hope Ancelotti moves away from playing him every week to take set pieces, because he will become the downfall of him.

He's only scored twice this season, one being a penalty.

Why would he get selected to play further up the field with that return?

mate that’s like saying if we played DCL at CM and his goal return was nothing... then saying why does he deserve to be playing further upfield. The fact siggy scores 13 goals last season would suggest him playing deeper has effected his goal return. Madness ain’t it

mate that’s like saying if we played DCL at CM and his goal return was nothing... then saying why does he deserve to be playing further upfield. The fact siggy scores 13 goals last season would suggest him playing deeper has effected his goal return. Madness ain’t it

Hes only played about 5 games deeper.

He scored 2 goals in half a season. One a penalty against a third tier club. It's not remotely near good enough for someone who effectively played like a second striker.

Hes only played about 5 games deeper.

He scored 2 goals in half a season. One a penalty against a third tier club. It's not remotely near good enough for someone who effectively played like a second striker.

mom not saying he’s been good enough this season.. he hasn’t. Using his lack of goals to validate the point can’t be done without taking his role in the team being taken into consideration. He played as a 10 or second striker last season and was joint top scorer with 13 league goals? That’s not a bad return but also isn’t good enough for where we are aiming to be. Under Carlo he doesn’t seem to fit in anywhere and if we can get rid we should.

mom not saying he’s been good enough this season.. he hasn’t. Using his lack of goals to validate the point can’t be done without taking his role in the team being taken into consideration. He played as a 10 or second striker last season and was joint top scorer with 13 league goals? That’s not a bad return but also isn’t good enough for where we are aiming to be. Under Carlo he doesn’t seem to fit in anywhere and if we can get rid we should.

He was good last season.

He has been woeful this season.

If we are going to play 442 he has no role to play.

He's a bit like Zola at Parma in that interview that Carlo gave, he said he tried to shoehorn him into a wide midfield role for a season and then when that failed he sold him to Chelsea. A player has to be 'that' good to have a team built around him. At Swansea Gylfi was by far their best and they did just that - if Everton wanted to be in a relegation battle every season, we could do the same, but our ambitions are much higher. Much though it pains me to say it, He is simply not good enough to build our team around - and unfortunately doesn't seem able to fulfill the role of a supporting cog in the machine around someone else (see Spurs also).

Doesn't matter what system we play this lad goes missing hides out the way very rare he puts a shift in he never runs himself into the ground for us

He's a bit like Zola at Parma in that interview that Carlo gave, he said he tried to shoehorn him into a wide midfield role for a season and then when that failed he sold him to Chelsea. A player has to be 'that' good to have a team built around him. At Swansea Gylfi was by far their best and they did just that - if Everton wanted to be in a relegation battle every season, we could do the same, but our ambitions are much higher. Much though it pains me to say it, He is simply not good enough to build our team around - and unfortunately doesn't seem able to fulfill the role of a supporting cog in the machine around someone else (see Spurs also).

This in a nutshell...players in an Ancelotti team need to be outstanding to have a role created for them...or they are moved around the 442 to see if they can fit somewhere.

Hes not performed...hes surely going to be moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.