2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

How can his performances drop off so drastically from last season?

looks completely lost.Jogging about pointing his fingers.
Does he even bother expending energy to point fingers? Can't say I have noticed it. Mostly, to me, I just see him purposely getting into bad positions or hiding behind opposition players so that he doesn't receive the ball or need to get involved in play. He's not a footballer anymore, he's basically committing fraud by taking his wage home but not doing his job.

Hang on a minute, you’re the one saying ancelottis already decided he’ll be out the door, now you’re saying it’s fine that he’s captain?! In answer to your question; Iwobi, Walcott, Gordon, kean, delph or baines could all have played instead of him. We were hardly down to the bare bones.
Hang on yourself.

Play a striker , teenager who has had like 60 minutes game time , left back who is 35?!, Centre mid, right winger

You have answered your own questions there mate. My point still stands , there was noone else to play there.

Hang on yourself.

Play a striker , teenager who has had like 60 minutes game time , left back who is 35?!, Centre mid, right winger

You have answered your own questions there mate. My point still stands , there was noone else to play there.
Mate I think you've confused yourself here. YOU are the one saying Sigurdsson is finished here and will be getting the boot in the summer, and that Ancelotti has made his mind up on that. I am saying that logically that makes no sense, because we keep picking him. We played him wide left yesterday when Iwobi was on the bench, who is a left winger. We had Walcott on the bench, who could have played wide right with Bernard switching to the left. Kean could have played up front with Richarlison going left, where he's played half his career. We did none of those perfectly plausible things, because (although I don't know why) Ancelotti quite clearly doesn't think Sigurdsson is already a goner.

Also, if you don't see the complete idiocy in saying in your first post that Sigurdsson lacks commitment and in your second that there's no reason for him not to be captain, I'm not sure that either football or words are for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.