2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siggurdson alongside schniderlin were finished here back in the Derby game.

He will be gone this summer no doubt about that.

For every bit of magic he has , he has always been the weak link in the side through his lack of pace and commitment
I think there has to be some doubt about that, because we’ve carried on picking him with alarming regularity if we’ve already decided he’s finished here. It’s hardly good planning to continually pick - and make captain - a player you decided after 2 games was getting the boot.

He hasn’t suddenly gone crap let’s get that straight. He’s always been ineffectual and actually quite detrimental to the team he would just bail himself out with goals every now and then. Now the goals have dried up we see that we spent FORTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS on a twenty eight year old from Swansea.

I often wonder why we had no competition for his signature. A real mystery that one.

For all his coolness and calm demeanour that may be good in the international scene, he doesn't have the fight that we need. I read that guardian article about DCL and how it's telling that any young player would find it hard to progress with 6 different managers in 3 years, but somehow the senior pros like Siggy should have found a way to lead - especially if they are supposed to be captains. I like him, and really wish it had worked out, but it just doesn't seem to fit a pacy, powerful league to have a player like SIggy - rather like how Ozil, and for younger players like Dowell in our team - it is proving difficult to find a place in the modern game

I think there has to be some doubt about that, because we’ve carried on picking him with alarming regularity if we’ve already decided he’s finished here. It’s hardly good planning to continually pick - and make captain - a player you decided after 2 games was getting the boot.
Who else plays?

That's what a lot of people forget right now.

All well and good complaining how bad a player is but when we have noone else to play there then they have to play.

Plus he has done nothing to strip him of the captaincy , doesn't mean we won't get rid on the summer and appoint a new captain.

Who else plays?

That's what a lot of people forget right now.

All well and good complaining how bad a player is but when we have noone else to play there then they have to play.

Plus he has done nothing to strip him of the captaincy , doesn't mean we won't get rid on the summer and appoint a new captain.
Hang on a minute, you’re the one saying ancelottis already decided he’ll be out the door, now you’re saying it’s fine that he’s captain?! In answer to your question; Iwobi, Walcott, Gordon, kean, delph or baines could all have played instead of him. We were hardly down to the bare bones.

Don't like all this "hate" business directed at Siggy or anyone else. He was a good player and no longer is and we need to get shut, alongside a few others asap. Just cut out the hate [Poor language removed].

I'm not defending him, because hes been poor all season, but why is Carlo / Dunc playing him left wing. He's too slow to be a winger, what do they see in training to believe he is a winger. He's getting stick every week but he's also being played totally out of position

If any of the others were showing a semblance of quality, he wouldn't be playing given current form.

The horrific thing is he's clearly showing more than the others in training.

Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.