2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Carlo will put the same side out after giving them the week on the training ground and a warning to win or be sold....

Alot of players will be on their notice now.

Rodriguez coming in would mean Sigurdsson is benched or sold...

'Everyone associated with the club - fans, staff, players - are disappointed with the result,' said Sigurdsson. 'I think we have only got ourselves to blame not to have taken our chances in the first half. It's very disappointing.

'We've just got to make sure we continue the form we had in the Premier League the last couple of weeks and try to finish off the season strongly. every manager we have had has been very determined to do his best and very serious about his job. The manager we have now is no different.'

Asked whether he was worried about what the future holds for him personally, the £45million midfielder said: 'It's not up to me to decide that. everyone is totally disappointed. I think the players are all different people in how they deal with the loss. It's one of those things.'

(n)

His rallying cries are even less enthusiastic than his performances

Having lived in Scandinavia, I can attest to the suspicions about Sigurdssons character. He is a very typical scandinavian in that he doesn´t really care about anything other than himself and his family. Scandinavians are like that, they have a very hard time feeling passionate about anything and have a relaxed attitutude towards work and commitments. Sure, they´ll show up, but they tend to live on high minimum levels rather than high maximum levels of performance. And they are incredibly lazy. You won´t find a scandinavian working a minute longer than what is required in their contracts.

I for one just love working for free.

Reckon we could still pick up 15-20m for him, let’s hope it can be done.

Not a chance we'd get more than £10m for him in this sort of form, turns 31 this year too.

That's forgetting the fact he's on £100k a week, which he won't get anywhere else.

Got 2 years left on his contract, so unless we subsidise his wages elsewhere or give him a big pay-off, I can see him sitting on that until it runs out, like several others on high wages.

Not a chance we'd get more than £10m for him in this sort of form, turns 31 this year too.

That's forgetting the fact he's on £100k a week, which he won't get anywhere else.

Got 2 years left on his contract, so unless we subsidise his wages elsewhere or give him a big pay-off, I can see him sitting on that until it runs out, like several others on high wages.

a club like Newcastle or West Ham would easily pay 15m for him or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.