2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is not a playmaker
We are bereft
Will at least offer something different to gylfi, iwobi can dribble and drive forward with the ball, can also move at a faster pace than a glacier.

Gylfi got competition for the first time now, he either finds consistency in his play or loses his spot

Will at least offer something different to gylfi, iwobi can dribble and drive forward with the ball, can also move at a faster pace than a glacier.

Gylfi got competition for the first time now, he either finds consistency in his play or loses his spot
Yes but i cant believe we signed Iwobi as an alternative to Gylfi.He is more a wide man and i dont think he has the touch or technique to be a playmaker

He is not a playmaker
We are bereft
This is basically what I'm saying. He isn't a striker obviously but what he brings is striker like at times in that he often offers little playmaking or link up play.

It works as long as the wings and fullbacks pick up the slack. When they don't like today we can be toothless.

He's a fine player and I'm a big fan but I'm not sure he fits how Silva wants to play. Obviously he had a stinker today, even though he still brought us as close as anyone to getting a goal, and I'm pretty sure Silva still believes in a 4-3-3 which doesn't suit Siggy so the problem is he's too good generally to leave out and we've got a 'square-pegs, round-holes' situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.