2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn’t done that since October 2018. He’s done it about twice since he joined the club.

But he was capable of scoring goals last season which is more than can be said for a lot of our team. I don't want him here but that goes for so many of the first team squad. If it came down to a choice of who I´d want bringing off the bench when we need a goal in the last 10 minutes I´d give Sigurdsson a game over Iwobi and Bernard.

Granted he's had an awful season and we'd all like to see him gone but he is capable of getting 10+ goals, or at least he was. I think he has more to offer than Iwobi, Davies and Bernard, which isn't saying much, but I'd prioritise making sure they're not on the field before him.

Unfortunately some of these undesirables are going to remain at the club and in Sigurdsson's case he can produce a bit of magic to win a football match.

I think now Siggy is a flat-track bully - he can only play well when the team gives us space, the pace is a bit slower, and if its a slow break. Goddd, even Ross Barkley was better on a counter attack.

I was hoping Bernard & Iwobi were being groomed or trained up to be our No.10 choices and would push out siggy. But both have a looooong way to go.

I think now Siggy is a flat-track bully - he can only play well when the team gives us space, the pace is a bit slower, and if its a slow break. Goddd, even Ross Barkley was better on a counter attack.

I was hoping Bernard & Iwobi were being groomed or trained up to be our No.10 choices and would push out siggy. But both have a looooong way to go.

If we enter next season with Bernard or Iwobi as our number 10 then we might as well write the campaign off before a ball is kicked. You could give either of them a 3 month run in that position only to confirm that neither has what it takes.

If we enter next season with Bernard or Iwobi as our number 10 then we might as well write the campaign off before a ball is kicked. You could give either of them a 3 month run in that position only to confirm that neither has what it takes.
I'm talking about when we first bought Bernard and Iwobi, on the day of their transfers when we expect them to be world-beaters

On Ross Barkley? Ross is twice the player this fraud will ever be.

He’s also not a coward, he got his foot on the ball and tried to make things happen even when the Park End cried at him passing it forward.

He did do us over though so that’s all I can say about him before it turns into abuse.

Barkley would be the best midfielder at the club if he was still here. As it happens, he might not even make Chelsea's bench at times next season. Puts into perspective how big the challenge is for us to compete towards the top of the league.

If you're fed up of seeing posts about how Sigurdsson and the other senior 'pros' who disgraced themselves at Anfield should never play for the club again, you'd better put me ignore before the season starts.

I'm going to be like Mossad chasing Nazis across South America.

Status
Not open for further replies.