2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t think I can take watching him today hopefully he’s been abolished to the bench pending sale

I totally agree but unfortunately I think he will be starting. Personally if he has to start I think we should go back to 4-2-3-1 with Richarlison on the right and either Bernard or Iwobi on the left at least we would get the best out of him. It would also solve the problem of who to play on the right.

If he isn't playing No 10 don't bother playing him. When he signed, we played him on the left, did very little because we signed 3 players in the same position. Last season, played No 10 and he scored quite a few goals. This season we are playing him in midfield and guess what, it doesn't suit him. Good for free kicks but not much else.

If he isn't playing No 10 don't bother playing him. When he signed, we played him on the left, did very little because we signed 3 players in the same position. Last season, played No 10 and he scored quite a few goals. This season we are playing him in midfield and guess what, it doesn't suit him. Good for free kicks but not much else.

He’s played number 10 for most of this season and been diabolical.

Agree. Either that or sit very very deep to try to dictate play. You can play him as a regular midfielder. He gets lost. Too slow.

Feels like a big moment in his career here. Could be on his way out, or to a permanent seat on the bench at the very least.
Is he a player you would bring on to change a game. And in what position would a manager bring him on? I dont think he has the pace/movement to play as a modern number 10. I can only see him playing a very deep role. Trying to control the game if ahead. Forget regular midfield or out wide. Way too slow against the modern quick player.

Status
Not open for further replies.