2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of his harshest critics and for once although he was poor I don't think he was actually the biggest let down. He was being asked to play a role he wasn't capable of and worse still they put him alongside a player who was incapable of covering up his deficiencies. I think this game puts to bed the notion he can play as an out an out midfielder. The only time he should start a game now is as a number 10 in a 4-2-3-1 however we should try and move away from this formation as it doesn't suit most of our players. Other than that the only other times we should see him is in cameos like against West Ham where he can improve his stats by scoring a late goal.

I'm one of his harshest critics and for once although he was poor I don't think he was actually the biggest let down. He was being asked to play a role he wasn't capable of and worse still they put him alongside a player who was incapable of covering up his deficiencies. I think this game puts to bed the notion he can play as an out an out midfielder. The only time he should start a game now is as a number 10 in a 4-2-3-1 however we should try and move away from this formation as it doesn't suit most of our players. Other than that the only other times we should see him is in cameos like against West Ham where he can improve his stats by scoring a late goal.
Is for another team; he 's useless cheers Iceberg. Useless lump.

Like Rooney ?
Who would have ragged a bunch of kids all over the gaff today btw.

Rooney played midfield for us and didn't look great.

Gylfi hasn't got fight in him... his legs have gone and he thinks his technical quality should allow him all the time in the world. He's 6ft 1 and got pushed off the ball.... he should offer to terminated his contract along with Schneiderlein - shocking performances.

Carlo needs to make a statement by dropping them and signing someone.

Pound for pound possibly the worst player, or at least the most half hearted, I’ve ever seen at Goodison and I’ve seen a few over the years.
Give him away if anyone will take him, shocking player, coward, hides.
Think what really angers me is he has the quality we have seen do it for us and over the years in the league. His price tag has nothing to do with him ain’t his fault but your right has totally down tooled for us.

Think what really angers me is he has the quality we have seen do it for us and over the years in the league. His price tag has nothing to do with him ain’t his fault but your right has totally down tooled for us.
I was watching him on the bench after he got taken off yesterday, there was nothing, no fume, no reaction, nothing.
I honestly wonder if he’s not trying on purpose, I don't know why he would do that, if you don’t run your bollocks off for Ancelloti then something is very wrong in your attitude

We’d have given him a signing on fee he’d never have expected in his wildest dreams, we’ll be paying him a wage he’d never have expected in his wildest dreams, he’s from a small country who overachieve where he is the big name, he’s at the prime/late stage of his career.

It’s Alexis Sanchez on a much smaller scale, the parallels are there.

We’d have given him a signing on fee he’d never have expected in his wildest dreams, we’ll be paying him a wage he’d never have expected in his wildest dreams, he’s from a small country who overachieve where he is the big name, he’s at the prime/late stage of his career.

It’s Alexis Sanchez on a much smaller scale, the parallels are there.
Have to say I agree. At least last season, he was scoring. He just can't play in the midfield. If we aren't going to play a number 10, he just doesn't fit in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.