2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their whole team was set up for him and what are we talking like three years ago now. We need to realise he is a squad player now until or if he steps up. His technique with strikes might be good but he isn't involved enough and his form is crap.
Last 15 mins when there is space. Too slow to create it but there is a goal in him when space allows

We had a striker actually occupying defenders , we had two Cm that actually took turns going over the half way Line , a fb that could actually pass forward and keep the ball in tight areas and for some reason Walcott actually looked like he was a good footballer.

Walcott always gets chances (which he usually misses...) and gives us more balance as a team. He also stretches opponents with his pace and gives them something to think about.

For me a Walcott performing well makes us a much better side.

I dont't see Albrighton as a winger, more a wide box to box.
We must define 'box-to-box' much, much differently. For starters, it's a very visible role. Where would he hide?

Beyond that, he's the anchor forcing Silva's hand and limiting us to the much-maligned 4-2-3-1. Probably lost on you since you're clearly a Gylfi superfan, but it's not a coincidence that we played a 4-3-3 - Silva's documented preferred formation - the majority of the past 2 matches, and the ball actually moved quickly around the pitch.

Walcott always gets chances (which he usually misses...) and gives us more balance as a team. He also stretches opponents with his pace and gives them something to think about.

For me a Walcott performing well makes us a much better side.

Off the ball Walcott has looked sharp and we actually have a better attacking set up because of it. Shame he's plagued by average finishing and poor decision making hey.

Off the ball Walcott has looked sharp and we actually have a better attacking set up because of it. Shame he's plagued by average finishing and poor decision making hey.

Probably the reason he is at us and not still at Arsenal. Most of our side has that problem.

Probably the reason he is at us and not still at Arsenal. Most of our side has that problem.

Richarlison, Iwobi, Bernard, Walcott... You wouldn't bank on any of them picking the right pass. We are crying out for someone like Madison at Leicester to dictate things for us. A player in the final third who always looks calm under pressure.

I think he'd have to play it like Arteta did, cutting inside a lot. I'd prefer him out there anyway. Out the way of things.
There's a role for him there. But talking more counter attacking.
He has the passing range to launch counters, used not nearly enough bc of where he plays
And while he can cut in with the ball, but I'd much rather see Richarlison doing this in front of him while he cuts/drifts in without the ball.The deeper he goes the more he can find the space and timing where it matters.

There's a role for him there. But talking more counter attacking.
He has the passing range to launch counters, used not nearly enough bc of where he plays
And while he can cut in with the ball, but I'd much rather see Richarlison doing this in front of him while he cuts/drifts in without the ball.The deeper he goes the more he can find the space and timing where it matters.
Now you're onto something! We should make him a center half instead of that lump of clay Keane.

We must define 'box-to-box' much, much differently. For starters, it's a very visible role. Where would he hide?

Beyond that, he's the anchor forcing Silva's hand and limiting us to the much-maligned 4-2-3-1. Probably lost on you since you're clearly a Gylfi superfan, but it's not a coincidence that we played a 4-3-3 - Silva's documented preferred formation - the majority of the past 2 matches, and the ball actually moved quickly around the pitch.
You got me wrong mate. Id get rid of both of them.
Silva's wasted too much time, Gylfi another year and a half on and other things need to happen.
The whole thing has been a shambles.
But ffs, don't tell me Silva's hands are tied and its all at the feet of Gylfi.

Its the inability of Silva to solve the 'Gylfi' issue which is the problem.

Sure lets wait and see how Iwobi's form is by the end of the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.