2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 goals and he’s not one of our best players....the rest of the front line together have barely got that many, shall we get rid of all of them too?
I’m glad you’re just a FIFA Player ( or whatever it’s called) and have no influence on our actual team...imagine that.

It really makes me laugh when posters have literally nothing to say, zero opinion or thought in their mind...and they bring up a computer game.

If you dont know what it is then what kind of intelligence must you have to use it as an insult?

No need to answer...pretty obvious who plays computer games out of the two of us.

*clue: It isnt me

Was anybody, or just your whipping boy?

Another ill considered post without any logic or thought.

Does ProZ stand for Pro-Zatara? You seem to spin the same yarns

Now slating other posters for similar posts...but nothing to say...pointless

If you think there’s no effort from Sigurdsson then I can’t beleive you even watch Everton. By all means have a whipping boy but at least have a plausible reason for it being him.

Doesnt sound like you have a point here either...

Another informative post...

If my Auntiie had balls.....

And, as if by magic another post without a point.

Zat in all seriousness, was he any worse than Richarlison, DCL or Gomes? Don't understand why he's always the whipping boy when we lose. Maybe not the long term answer but one of our better players this season.

Richarlison was up/down and tried to make a few runs past their full back but was brought down several times...also attempted a few tackles...wasnt good but made the effort.

DCL was well contained by their forwards although was so close on two occasions and also put the effort in to gamble more than usual

Gomes tried to protect and move the ball with zero help from Gana or Sigurdssson

Sigurdsson was anonymous bar 2 or 3 things as his usual self.

It really makes me laugh when posters have literally nothing to say, zero opinion or thought in their mind...and they bring up a computer game.

If you dont know what it is then what kind of intelligence must you have to use it as an insult?

No need to answer...pretty obvious who plays computer games out of the two of us.

*clue: It isnt me

Another ill considered post without any logic or thought.

Now slating other posters for similar posts...but nothing to say...pointless

Doesnt sound like you have a point here either...

Another informative post...

And, as if by magic another post without a point.

You gotta admit Zat, its very strange.

On the 1 hand we have Iceland, 12 goals, people constantly wanting him sold and in some cases replaced by much inferior players who havent even played more than 5minutes for us, let alone scored more than 1 goal in 2 years, Lookman/Bernard and Vlasic, to name 3.

Then we have Richarlison, also 12 goals, people thinking we would get 100m+ if we sold him.

It honestly pickles my head.

He has the same amount of goals as Son from Spurs, somebody who I keep reading might win POTY, hes got the same amount of goals as Lukaku, a player we sold for 90m a few summers ago, Firminho, whos team is about to win the league, yet every week, even if he scores, people wanna take him apart, very, very strange.

On the 1 hand we have Iceland, 12 goals, people constantly wanting him sold and in some cases replaced by much inferior players who havent even played more than 5minutes for us, let alone scored more than 1 goal in 2 years, Lookman/Bernard and Vlasic, to name 3.

Then we have Richarlison, also 12 goals, people thinking we would get 100m+ if we sold him.

He has the same amount of goals as Son from Spurs, somebody who I keep reading might win POTY, hes got the same amount of goals as Lukaku, a player we sold for 90m a few summers ago, Firminho, whos team is about to win the league, yet every week, even if he scores, people wanna take him apart, very, very strange.
Ignoring all your post. Son is quality.

If you think he’s anywhere near the level of those players then you need yer ed checking mert.

Their performances are on a different level

Playing against sides that want to attack, you get the best out of him.

Playing against teams that counter or defend, he's not skillful enough to unlock defences.

Son has a massive massive impact on games even when he doesn't score. Too often Sigurdsson just disappears.

The idea that Sigurdsson hides is probably the silliness arguement I've seen on the board as there is absolutely not a shred of evidence that it's true. But people like to make up stuff to suit their agendas I guess.

It's kinda how others can't have a bad game even when they were obviously crap.

That being said, Son has scored those goals in 1000 fewer minutes than Sigurdsson. Granted, he has a much better supporting cast, but he's terrific. Different position, but still fantastic.

The idea that Sigurdsson hides is probably the silliness arguement I've seen on the board as there is absolutely not a shred of evidence that it's true. But people like to make up stuff to suit their agendas I guess.

It's kinda how others can't have a bad game even when they were obviously crap.

That being said, Son has scored those goals in 1000 fewer minutes than Sigurdsson. Granted, he has a much better supporting cast, but he's terrific. Different position, but still fantastic.

Eyes not stats. The evidence is what people see, football isn’t numbers on a spreadsheet fam

If you think there’s no effort from Sigurdsson then I can’t beleive you even watch Everton. By all means have a whipping boy but at least have a plausible reason for it being him.
I was referring to the fact that you get moments of brilliance scattered among the nothingness.

His work rate is fine in terms of pressing, but he could do a hell of a lot more to involve himself in games.

Eyes not stats. The evidence is what people see, football isn’t numbers on a spreadsheet fam
Of course. This isn't about stats, although stats are simply quantifying those observations. Points are stats. Goals are stats. It's the observations that matter, but doesn't mean some of these observations are accurate or good.

To declare that someone is a coward is easy, though. It's hard to quantify. But you can't explain what you are seeing? A coward is someone that is afraid of danger or injury. Sigurdsson captains his national side that has had unprecedented success. He has tremendous work rate. Takes every free kick. I could go on. Still waiting for one logical viewpoint that he's a coward.

I was referring to the fact that you get moments of brilliance scattered among the nothingness.

His work rate is fine in terms of pressing, but he could do a hell of a lot more to involve himself in games.
There it is again. What should he do exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.