2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do not understand people who say he has been poor overall because of his lack of assists, because he constantly gives other players very big chances to score with clever passes . It's not like it's his fault that other players in the team can't finish when they are alone against a goalkeeper.
He didnt get an assist on Saturday but his pass to Bernard that set up the passage of play that we scored from was vital, without it we dont get the goal and it was a perfect pass, he dosent get a stat for it but played a big part.
He does that a lot, many Everton goals if you go back a pass or two he will often be in there somewhere. Been a very important player this season has Icelando

He didnt get an assist on Saturday but his pass to Bernard that set up the passage of play that we scored from was vital, without it we dont get the goal and it was a perfect pass, he dosent get a stat for it but played a big part.
He does that a lot, many Everton goals if you go back a pass or two he will often be in there somewhere. Been a very important player this season has Icelando
He had 4 key passes, actually. Hate that stat, but as bad as Gylfi was shooting the ball, he was fantastic with his passing. Think he was only slightly behind Gomes in pass accuracy. Outside of Richy, we took good care of the ball. Gylfi had a good game even for him in that regard.

When did I say He is lazy? Don’t make things up
My bad, you apparently liked a post that said that. You've said he's ineffective on the ball. You've said he's the worst business in our history along with several other things. But yeah, football must be for you and not for me.

I have a feeling that we keep him and sign players to build up the team in other positions...

Then bring in a star 10 in 2020

I have a feeling that we keep him and sign players to build up the team in other positions...

Then bring in a star 10 in 2020

Perhaps. But seriously, if we are signing Gomes and keeping Davies, that's a lot of players that really should be playing the same position. It would be tough to make a big splash there when we have greater needs. I also think a CM/DM is a MUCH bigger need than a 10. I'm fine with Gylfi / Gomes / Gana against a poor team when we'll have the ball a bit, but I'm just not convince those guys match up against a legit top PL central midfield that can push the ball forward.

Not to mention, this team without Gana is a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.