2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said before if he had been here in Martinez first season he would have thrived with Barry and McCarthy behind him and Lukaku in front. Coleman and Baines/Oviedo as attacking full backs he would have had people making the right runs and would have been immense. Unfortunately this is not that team some of them have moved on and been replaced by different types or lesser players and the ones that remain are a shadow of there former self. This isn't Sigurdsson fault but I do think he now unbalances the team.

Yes mate. Gylfi has 3 assists to his name.

What a playmaker he is. Truly a world class talent and it would be wrong to expect more of him than that.

But he runs about loads so that's sound.
And our other players, do you watch them at all? You could play high end balls to me all day, but those would be worthless if I couldnt hit a barn door. Would that make you a bad playmaker, or me a bad finisher?
Gylfi and Tosun are the only finishers worth their salt in this team atm. Tosun isnt playing, so whos gonna score? Walcott isnt a good finisher, Richy is out of form, Ade always shoot directly at the keeper, Bernard is many things, but he’s not a finisher. Our midfield is toothless in front of goal too. So who’s going to be on the end of good balls and score?
Luckily Gylfi usually finishes his chances, winning us points.

Alas, i know this is a dumb discussion, some in here are going to hate him because of his price tag no matter what he does.

Ross Barkley's 16 assists in his last 70 starts for Everton is more than Sigurdsson (£45m), Bolasie (£28m), Walcott (£24m), Klaassen (£24m), Schneiderlin (£24m), Tosun (£27m) Richarlison (£40m) have managed combined in 160 starts.

Perhaps we can get him back. Only on loan.

@ijjysmith

Perfect opportunity for him to stamp his authority on a Championship side this weekend and separate the men from the boys, show us why the stats have him up there with Eriksen and David Silva. Don’t let us down G-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.