Gross Spend / Net Spend / Wages

Which is most important ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say that's pretty much the right answer, there'll be the odd time when you sell a player on for a massive profit and, at that point, then your gross spend becomes more of a factor, but overall, it's just about balancing resources.

Ideally the idea is that there is some level of growth there to support improving the overall quality of the squad. Net Spend and wage growth isn't a guarantee of improvement but it definitely helps the chance of improving just by having more resources available to work with.

All wages and transfers should be spent on players you have never heard of but have a good youtube video

Wages can be important as good players want good money but if we go into next season looking much better we have had a good window, what we spend means nothing, who we spend it on is what counts.
Besides regardless of what we do in the summer we have to keep a wedge back for January to plug any holes that might open in in the early months of the season

I don't care if we have the lowest paid squad in world football or the highest. I don't care how the pundits value our talent and what their market rate would be worth. I simply do not care how our team matches up against others on paper or in the pregame analysis. The only two things that are of any importance to me are how many games do we win, and do the players on the squad love the club as much as the fans do?

Clearly I chose melted feta on toasted bread.

I like football on Saturdays blue shirts and all

If it's net gross or freebies ain't bothered how there funded so longs as there best we can get

And they want to be here

There's a Blueroom podcast about all this. I'm not a virgin living with Mum but on nightshift doing sweet FA and I ran out of Everton stuff to read. There's only so many Regurgitated Sandro Ramirez rumours to read. If this kinda thing floats your boat it's worth a listen ... for an hour

With the TV money these days what you spend no longer matters. It's all about the wages. If another team offers more, that's where the player will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.