Gordon Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen him in The Everton Show. Can't help but like him.

Interesting he says the LC final defeat v Villa wasn't as disappointing as the Clive Thomas derby.

Once Everton has touched you etc...

I only started going (without my old man) in 1977/8 and I don't think I was overly critical of the football as I was in my first flush. However, my old fella started following Aberdeen in protest and I slowly came to realise why he took exception, for him the final straw was selling McKenzie. This is a cracking post though and it's got me thinking that it's time I started hunting out some footage from that era. Can we talk about Mike Walker now?

Just seen him in The Everton Show. Can't help but like him.

Interesting he says the LC final defeat v Villa wasn't as disappointing as the Clive Thomas derby.

Once Everton has touched you etc...

I agree with him and I was at both games.
On the radio coming home I heard Clive Thomas (spit) give 3 different reasons in 3 different interviews for disallowing the goal.

I agree with him and I was at both games.
On the radio coming home I heard Clive Thomas (spit) give 3 different reasons in 3 different interviews for disallowing the goal.
My dad brought me up to dislike Clive Thomas.

Ever so slightly before my time but I'm aware.

My dad brought me up to dislike Clive Thomas.

Ever so slightly before my time but I'm aware.

First he said it was handball (it went in off his hip), 2nd interview he said it was offside. 3rd excuse I cant remember but I do recall saying to my mate that that was the 3rd different excuse.

Basically a CHEAT

First he said it was handball (it went in off his hip), 2nd interview he said it was offside. 3rd excuse I cant remember but I do recall saying to my mate that that was the 3rd different excuse.

Basically a CHEAT
It's not his real name you know

His birth certificate reads "Clive "lying get" Thomas".

Last edited:
Gordon Lee bought Sharpy and the Rat, so for that alone he deserves our love and y much a nearly team, just missing the one final,piece and it could have been successful! Will,alway remember those years primarily for Bob and Dave Thomas! Anyone who saw and admired the Baines / Pienaar partnership and their almost telepathic understanding of wheer each other were, believe me, it was NOTHING compared to the understanding Davey Thomas and the Latch had, ridiculously good pairing!

Latchford remains my favourite Everton centre forward and i have only ever seen two Everton wingers to beat Davey Thomas, and that was Johnny Morrissey and Andrei Kanchelskis, which in itself shows how good Davey was! Gordon is often described as a dour manager (mostly because he got shut of Duncan McKenzie) but i remember them playing some lovely football, going forward!

I liked his team but didnt share his wariness of the great Duncan McKenzie! I was so incensed at his playing Jim Pearson instead of Duncan, that I wrote a letter to the Pink Echo: to my amazement, it got printed !!

Shocking but i wasnt a Mckenzie fan , to many games just didnt make an impression when he did it was brillant to watch , but i found him frustrating .

Shocking but i wasnt a Mckenzie fan , to many games just didnt make an impression when he did it was brillant to watch , but i found him frustrating .
Not as frustrating as Pearson mate,but kept Lawson in goal I despised that keeper :rant:

Not as frustrating as Pearson mate,but kept Lawson in goal I despised that keeper :rant:
Dont get me started on lawson and davies , actully if pushed would sooner have lawson, davies is my all time most hated Everton player , how that fella ever got a game for us i will never know , met him once and it just confirmed my dislike arrogant as well as untalented.

Status
Not open for further replies.