Goodison's capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
might well be easier and cheaper to do as you say, but a staged redevelopment doesn't fit in with the exit ( aka shed load of dosh ) plan of Bill and his puppet masters
I reckon you've hit the nail on the head mate. When you actually read the proposals for what could done with Goodison (and there are many options) they all make sense. But not if you've got ulterior motives.

A new build would cost, based roughly on the City model ( GBP 2300 per seat at the time ) eg not London priced and with a bit added on for inflation would be about GBP 2800 per seat
= 140M for 50K seats
paid over how many years 20, 25, 30?
+Interest

Phased Redevelopment will be a lot cheaper, still over 15 -20 yrs, but with a sort of 'pay as you go' method of 15M here 20M there would suit our more modest means

Maybe unrelated but, since The Emirates and the loss of Henry Viera and others and the seeming reluctance to pay big big money appears to have resulted in a for them a drop in standards... from 1 / 2 to 3 / 4... not a lot I know but significant... a loss we could not, from a playing point of view easily carry.

Did the old (on that pic) Park End have a big weird bit at the back due to someones kitchen being there ?
Yes, I read yesterday that the housing went into the actual stand. Also Dixie Dean used to live in that row of houses along with the other players. Imagine that today. Aguero living in a terraced house at the back of the Ethiad!

Yes, I read yesterday that the housing went into the actual stand. Also Dixie Dean used to live in that row of houses along with the other players. Imagine that today. Aguero living in a terraced house at the back of the Ethiad!

The only Terraced house a football has these days has a hot-tub on it.

In front of the boxes in the family enclosure didn't they get rid of some seats to put the balcony things on the boxes.
I presume we increased the prices of the boxes to compensate for the loss of income from the reduced Enclosure seating. i know the Enclosure has a low average ticket price but even if the average yield is only £20 and say 100 seats had to be removed that's a loss of £2,000 per match in these days of sellouts, and this would mean needing to raise the price of each box for the whole season by around £3,000 for the move to be revenue neutral. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

how much can we add if we get a few of those wooden benches from the local school gym and stick them in front of the subs bench? make the pitch a bit narrower to fit more in as well?
I think you might be on to something there mate. I suspect you are very good at solving those tricky lateral thinking riddles

Status
Not open for further replies.