Goodison Park today

Status
Not open for further replies.
If everybody who moaned about the fans actually tried to do something positive the atmosphere would improve immensely.

Seems like a lot of people just like to moan on the internet and not do anything about it.

I’ve got two kids under 7 and absolutely f*** taking them to a game and experiencing either the football or the ‘support’. At least if we were relegated we might enjoy a season of football or two.
Two Blues behind me today absolutely losing it from minute 1 today. Not second half when the collapse happened, literally from kickoff just letting rip with so much anger and hatred it was horrible to be around.
Dad sitting with his 5 year old in front of us, dad asks them to tone it down cos of his kid, they respond with "don't bring him to the football then".
Not great.

If everybody who moaned about the fans actually tried to do something positive the atmosphere would improve immensely.

Seems like a lot of people just like to moan on the internet and not do anything about it.
like putting flowers up and making the place sunnier?

There’s a lot of stirring going on mate. Don’t forget there’s an avalanche of Kopites on social media who love to stir this stuff , how bad we are as fans and so on.

They can’t talk, look at the Roy Hodgson era in particular, the Geordies with Rudd Gullit and Allardyce. Things were not exactly rosey in the stands.

I understand what you’re saying but people are people, like any club with a large following, personalities will differ.

Even then what they endured under Roy was miles away from being relegated. Mid table and they were abusing Konchesky online and have form for abusing their players as well. They can now sit in their ivory tower though knowing that nothing goes wrong for them for 99% of the season these days.

Regarding us the fans are spent. We have watched the club get mismanaged at every level this season. Its now getting to stage where nerves are kicking in and it’s tense in the stands. We have never been one for manufactured atmosphere, we work off a tackle, get angry when we get F’d over and will be lively when the players are giving it a go. I can’t blame them for being flat when the players are giving nothing on the pitch. The fans are the ones paying hundreds a year to watch this embarrassment of a team.

The club should be glad the fans still care and bother to turn up. Whether you’re with the chicken (the players) or the egg (the crowd) being the genesis of good Everton it’s hard to not get anxious about what is coming right ahead. The fans can see relegation coming soon so are revolting against it. If that will spur the players to try harder or ruin them further is quite another thing, although personally I think it will wreck them.

Even then what they endured under Roy was miles away from being relegated. Mid table and they were abusing Konchesky online and have form for abusing their players as well. They can now sit in their ivory tower though knowing that nothing goes wrong for them for 99% of the season these days.

Regarding us the fans are spent. We have watched the club get mismanaged at every level this season. Its now getting to stage where nerves are kicking in and it’s tense in the stands. We have never been one for manufactured atmosphere, we work off a tackle, get angry when we get F’d over and will be lively when the players are giving it a go. I can’t blame them for being flat when the players are giving nothing on the pitch. The fans are the ones paying hundreds a year to watch this embarrassment of a team.
I mentioned the same thing to my mate today after game

Regarding the fans I don’t remember hearing the “not fit to wear the shirt” chant at goodison before and I’m someone who witnessed the abysmal 90s sides.

As you say the club has been mismanaged. I’m more angry at the people who knew this but chose to defend it particularly those in the media It’s f’n gross negligence what’s gone on at Everton , it’s disgraceful.

Even if we somehow stay up things have to change for the better and if they don’t then I give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.