Goodison Park : New Exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it, love that they've highlighted the key views of Goodison down Walton Lane and Neston St. Wish they'd strip the cladding off of Bullens/ Gwladys though, there must be some ornate brickwork behind there?

It's like putting a top hat on a tramp. Why spend money on a stadium that we are supposed to leaving in a year or two?
How are we going to leave it in a year or two? We haven't even agreed a spot for the new stadium yet, never mind built it. For the relatively small amount of money it will cost the club I think it's a great way of changing people's perception of us. Opposition fans often comment on how bad Goodison looks, it will be nice to see it looking better for the time we have left there.

Why are people even complaining about this?! Jesus christ.

We're at Goodison Park for another 3yrs MINIMUM in my opinion, so why cant we as a Club have an aesthetically pleasing Stadium to visit for that amount of time? Imagine rocking up to that Goodison at a night game, christ, it'll look glorious.

It improves the image of the Club IMO, Goodison looks like it belongs in the 1980s, modernising the exterior of Goodison makes it look like it belongs in the now, it changes perception.

It's like putting a top hat on a tramp. Why spend money on a stadium that we are supposed to leaving in a year or two?

It's making the best of what we have until the new stadium arrives. It'll be quite a visual transformation from last season - another "statement of intent" if you like. Gives us a fresh image while dropping the "plucky Everton" image of the past. It's not going to cost a huge amount of money but the visual impact to those outside the club and it's fans will be quite something. Exciting times ;)

I'm just waiting to see if the old backpain inducing seats in the stands are replaced with sofas/bucket seats before the start of the season.... :hayee:

Status
Not open for further replies.