Goodison Park and the fanbase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about the self entitlement bit at the start of the opening post.

I think there's at least a certain level of effort, commitment and responsibility that the players and manager should be at least trying to achieve, and it's obvious they aren't.

That goes if you support Real Madrid, Everton or Scunthorpe United. The fans should expect that at any club.

Rubbish. Your seriously telling me the players aren't trying ?

Oh look, another one of these threads.

We just lost at him me to Burnley, mate. We also played absolutely terrible. Sorry I didn't sing my heart out for these multimillionaire footballers who don't give a toss.

Money doesn't come into it. Weakest argument of a football fan these days.

We have millionaires as fans you know.

IMG_20171001_193045.jpg
I blame this guy...

Whether we are winning or losing, you hear groans when an attack suddenly turns into a back pass to our goalie, or a stupid pass is made.
It’s just that we are doing a lot more now so the amount of groans are a lot more.
I still hear plenty of claps and cheers when a player shows some spirit or puts some effort in.

I only heard boo’s at the final whistle, Koeman ran straight down the tunnel, so did most of the players. Not even acknowledging the fans that where there, that came on a Sunday and spent hard earned money. Not all boo so why not front up and acknowledge them, they did last week..

The fans get behind the team when they show some enthusiasm and passion.

What is hard to understand about that?

Every week it's the same [Poor language removed] thread after the same [Poor language removed] type of performance that it's followed from.

I'm really really sorry on behalf of all Evertonians that if the Everton team can barely be bothered to create a decent chance and fight for the ball, that I and we can barely be bothered to sing about them.

Anyone who says the players aren't committed or don't care is lying here.

As I repeat there is more to support than simply turning up.

I think their commitment can be questioned mate, thays not just us, that would be for any side down the bottom, fans, pundits and players all say "can I do more" as an example.

As things stand I'm not questioning their commitment, but I'd certainly question team selection, players playing out of position, players playing out of form, lack of balance, no style of play, players playing safe, players passing responsibility, players not standing up and being vocal with each other - lots of reasons why the atmosphere is how it is and how it's always been when the team aren't at full tilt the fans will let them know about it

Money doesn't come into it. Weakest argument of a football fan these days.

We have millionaires as fans you know.
Of course it does.

What are they giving me to cheer? I'm putting my money in to watch this, as I have done my whole life.

39,000 fans in that stadium are payin their money to be entertained.

You're blaming these people for these players, who are paid millions p/w, for their performances.

Absolute joke of a thread. It should be removed from the forum.

Of course it does.

What are they giving me to cheer? I'm putting my money in to watch this, as I have done my whole life.

39,000 fans in that stadium are payin their money to be entertained.

You're blaming these people for these players, who are paid millions p/w, for their performances.

Absolute joke of a thread. It should be removed from the forum.

There earnings are irrelevant

Status
Not open for further replies.