Goodison memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really gonna miss this place, we have to make that final season something else blues.

Why wait until then? Start the party early!, I say. Especially were cup games are concerned.

Don't forget, it's not beyond the realms off possibility that Goodison may have already witnessed it's last FA Cup tie.

Savour every last moment mate ;)

Why wait until then? Start the party early!, I say. Especially were cup games are concerned.

Don't forget, it's not beyond the realms off possibility that Goodison may have already witnessed it's last FA Cup tie.

Savour every last moment mate ;)
Spot on actually mate - the atmosphere after the points deduction has been brilliant to be fair, let’s keep it going!

Hoping for an fa cup run mate - don’t think she’s done with that yet.

I went with my (recently sadly passed) Dad and older brother through the 80's. I particularly remember the Luton Championship presentation game in '87.... think it was Paul Wilkinson hobbling around on crutches with his leg in a massive cast? Someone had a birth announced over the PA system at half-time and the ground erupted. Game-wise, he ferocity of crowds back then was boss. Sheer noise. Only amplified by the fact I was a nipper. The attendance would be regularly announced as "30,000" but I've no doubt it was way more closer to 50k back then.
That was a great day!

30,000 my ass, you couldn’t move in there😂

My first game v Arsenal 1970. My first hot pie that burnt my mouth followed by a pint of Higsons brown ale. Andy King Derby, Sharpies volley v Spurs. Bayern Munich and Man Utd 84/85. Wimbledon, Coventry Palace and Bournemouth. Did the Goodison sleep over last year, a lot of reminisence that night. Gonna miss the place, what a ground.

I think i have the best one Everton v Liverpool first season up from the Second Division.I have not Googled this so my memory might be out ,but here goes.It was a night match ,i must have gotten in an hour a half before kickoff Stanley Park end sat on the wall were every body came in.The atmosphere was electric there was supposed to be 72,000 but i could see people jumping over the wall ,and giving money to turnstile guy and jumping over the turnstiles.Everton kicked into the the Stanley Park end first half,Roy Vernon lighting fast over 12 yards latched onto a back pass beat the ,goel keeper to it and scored ,goal keeper puts hands to his head the ref blows his whistle foul it wasn't.Ten minutes later Roy beats the offside trap just him and the goal keeper you close your eyes and know what was going to happen goal ,but the linesmen give off side it wasn't all i remember we were 2- 1 up Roger Hunt scored at the end of the game in the paper the next was a picture of the clock on the Bullins Road stand it was the last minutes of the game does this remind you of any Derby's you have been to.

Panathinaikos,9/3/1971,I was five,think my old fella had taken me to a couple of ressie games to see how i’d react😂although i’ve no recollection,apparently I’d been hounding him every time he would set off to take me with him to this magical,mystical place where he’d told me of the wonders of the Golden Vision,Vernon,Kay,Ball,Harvey,Kendall and my own hero,”rah,rah,rah,rah Morrissey” who was woven intrinsically into my eating habits,if I wouldnt eat my tea the fork with food would be moggsy down the wing he would centre for big joe I would open my gob along to my old fellas commentary and gooooaaallll,food was eaten😂anyhow still remember the excitement of the journey from maghull,hanging on tight to my dads hand on Goodison Road never having seen crowds like it!!!!the sheer size and majesty of the place,it was truly the best domestic ground in the land back then,the lush Green of the turf,the brightness of the floodlights,I can’t recall the game I know it was 1-1,Dave Johnson equalising last kick of the game and I have actually seen the holy trinity in action😀was a fantastic memory that will live with me forever even long after we have left,oh and thanks Dad💙

My favourite Goodison memory is the 1-0 over Man Utd in April 2005. It was the last game that my Grandad ever attended, and the last time that him, me, and my Dad all went together. My Grandad had been really unwell for a long time prior to this game and he passed away not long after it but on that day it was like he was twenty years younger. It seemed like he back to how he used to be when he first took me to the match as a little kid at four years old. The memory of how happy he was at the game and at full time and the three of us going crackers together as Big Dunc scored is something I'll always treasure.

PA-657951.jpg

This is the Goodison I was introduced to in 1962. The Goodison of Young, Vernon, Labone and Gabriel. It went on, as we know, to host Beckenbaur, Yashin, Eusebio and etc. etc.

Above all (IMO), Alan Ball.

In my mind, Goodison is always filled with golden, September sunlight and the exquisite footwork of Harvey or the angry drive of Bally. There are 20, 000 people in the Goodison Road standing filling the place with a low growl and explosive roar.

The buildings changed and the fortunes of the club dipped but the living bones of the place, the fans, are the same.

View attachment 238958

This is the Goodison I was introduced to in 1962. The Goodison of Young, Vernon, Labone and Gabriel. It went on, as we know, to host Beckenbaur, Yashin, Eusebio and etc. etc.

Above all (IMO), Alan Ball.

In my mind, Goodison is always filled with golden, September sunlight and the exquisite footwork of Harvey or the angry drive of Bally. There are 20, 000 people in the Goodison Road standing filling the place with a low growl and explosive roar.

The buildings changed and the fortunes of the club dipped but the living bones of the place, the fans, are the same.

Great post mate. I envy anyone who saw the likes of Ball play for us.

My first game at goodison was October 1968 we beat the league champions man City 2-0
I was 11 me and a lad keith jolyfe walked from Edge Hill to goodison we both went in the boys pen
No much memory of the game few years back me & the wife where in southport I went into a old book shop
And there in front of me was the Everton programme of the match I thought I had won the lottery
I will miss goodison but also looking forward to our new home COYB

Rooney's first goal.

I wasn't there as I was at uni, but my dad was and he phoned me straight after the game. It was like listening to a teenager. He was so excited about this kid who had just scored that goal for us.

I've seen some great moments at Goodison but my dad is why I support them and I will always remember that phone call. I felt like the adult.

New stadium looks amazing but a bit of football will die when we leave Goodison Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.