Goodison in the 1980s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very lively. Big following from them. But they got hammered before and after the game. What a following from us in the return fixture. Loads on their pitch after the game
if you watch it on youtube, the first fella on the pitch running up towards the Holte end was Bluefox(Tommy a mate of mine and @jaycee) who used to post on here.
that Leeds game we brought loads to we took 16000, thousands got left outside that game.
After the game me and my cousin got seperated from the Everton fans( how you lose 16000 i dont know) , my cousin near got run over by a bus and dropped his Everton scarf as i dragged him back, we were right in the middle of the Leeds mob, we were only about 12 or 13 and give Leeds there due they just said get over the road and keep quite, couple of there older lads walked us over and kept an eye on us all the way to the station.
Unfortunatly when we got by the bridge at the station , me and my cousin said thanks and made a run for it just in time to see a load of Everton ambush them from the station and a side street, only time i can honestly say i was sorry to see some of another mob taking a hiding.
Went to Man city around that time and they were the complete opposite didnt matter if you were a kid or not you were fair game totally diffent scary walk in moss side and back to the station loads of Everton getting picked off all the way back, glad to get back the station that day.

if you watch it on youtube, the first fella on the pitch running up towards the Holte end was Bluefox(Tommy a mate of mine and @jaycee) who used to post on here.
that Leeds game we brought loads to we took 16000, thousands got left outside that game.
After the game me and my cousin got seperated from the Everton fans( how you lose 16000 i dont know) , my cousin near got run over by a bus and dropped his Everton scarf as i dragged him back, we were right in the middle of the Leeds mob, we were only about 12 or 13 and give Leeds there due they just said get over the road and keep quite, couple of there older lads walked us over and kept an eye on us all the way to the station.
Unfortunatly when we got by the bridge at the station , me and my cousin said thanks and made a run for it just in time to see a load of Everton ambush them from the station and a side street, only time i can honestly say i was sorry to see some of another mob taking a hiding.
Went to Man city around that time and they were the complete opposite didnt matter if you were a kid or not you were fair game totally diffent scary walk in moss side and back to the station loads of Everton getting picked off all the way back, glad to get back the station that day.
Yep went to city a few times early 70s. Long walk back to the station. Me and a mate prob about 13 got a belt nr the station just the one year. Other years made it back ok but our nerves were shattered ha. Suppose it was like them going back to lime Street from goodison. Funny a few years later think 81 we played them in an fa cup reply. We took 13000 fans in the kippax just by me a couple of coppers throwing their weight around got set upon during the game. Loads of other coppers piled in 2 help them. After the game when we came out the kippax we were supposed to turn right to get the buses back the station. We turned left and straight into city who put up a fight and then scattered. Walked all the way back the station got near the station and a big mob was coming down a side street. Thought here we go,. Turned out to be another mob of Everton who had walked back as well. Pity about the result!

Yep went to city a few times early 70s. Long walk back to the station. Me and a mate prob about 13 got a belt nr the station just the one year. Other years made it back ok but our nerves were shattered ha. Suppose it was like them going back to lime Street from goodison. Funny a few years later think 81 we played them in an fa cup reply. We took 13000 fans in the kippax just by me a couple of coppers throwing their weight around got set upon during the game. Loads of other coppers piled in 2 help them. After the game when we came out the kippax we were supposed to turn right to get the buses back the station. We turned left and straight into city who put up a fight and then scattered. Walked all the way back the station got near the station and a big mob was coming down a side street. Thought here we go,. Turned out to be another mob of Everton who had walked back as well. Pity about the result!
one year we went by the ordinary got put on some really old double decker buses by the cops,
We got held up in traffic and some city stated to throw stones at the buses, think about two windows went in, city fans on the pavement bouncing around thinking this is good banging on the windows , usual rubbish scouse this and that your going to die ect, bad move the top deck windows getting kicked out all over them,
soon got off worse for wear, cops stopped us a bit further up, but we just blamed the city fans for breaking the windows, didnt have to be sherlock to see there wasnt really much glass inside, but are bus got let go ,one of the others got held up for a while but we all made it to the game eventually.

Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, way before Nirvana. There was U2 and Blonde and football still on the tv.

My two kids in high school, they tell me that I’m uncool. But I’m still preoccupied... with 1985.

Status
Not open for further replies.