Goodison atmosphere tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
The atmosphere depends on what part of the ground you're in, a great atmosphere in the Lower Gwladys St doesn't even mean it's a great atmosphere in the Upper Gwladys St for example. It's Physics and acoustics and all that. As long as it's good in the Lower Gwladys St though I don't care that much what it's like elsewhere, besides you don't go in places like the Top Balc for atmosphere anyway.

By the way, did I see the Park End at the back standing for large periods?

Are they finally starting to catch up to the Street End and our away fans? Them wools, always a step behind!

Compared to the north London derby which I watched, it was another no show from the fans. It was noticeable how much Spurs fans were behind their team even when they were losing, after the first 5 minutes Goodison was like a morgue as usual. We desperately need some new songs and chants and the willingness to sing them for more than 5 seconds, dread to think what the atmosphere is going to be like if/when we get a new stadium

Utter rubbish, you patently were not at the game.

.......delighted there were no incidents of items being thrown onto the pitch. Just had to nip into town, saw plenty of lads and lasses with Everton gear on and luggage so they had clearly been visiting for the game. Nice to see, not a Norwegian in sight.

That was a good sign for me as well. We don't need that stuff. Someone threw a lighter at the linesman I think or something that looked like one anyway but that's all I saw.

Thought first half it was bouncing,second half the fear factor set in like a lot of the games so far the trepidation as we sat deep,however I didn't hear a peep from the showerlol

How come the Burnley-WBA game on Sky now sounds like it's being played in front of 40,000 hyped up Turks when 40,000 hyped up Evertonians yesterday sounded like they must have all been behind glass in private boxes?

I was at the game in park end right beside their lot n atmosphere was great in patches but quiet for parts of second half.
Martinez had of taken a chance last 20 n had a go fans would have responded.
Yep, I'm sat in PE7 and the atmosphere just before ko and for most of the first half was fantastic (mainly abusive chants aimed at the away end which was nice). Second half it all went a bit flat though

How come the Burnley-WBA game on Sky now sounds like it's being played in front of 40,000 hyped up Turks when 40,000 hyped up Evertonians yesterday sounded like they must have all been behind glass in private boxes?

As well as the free standing microphones around the pitch there's microphones attached to the cameras so apparently it's upto the sound engineer to turn up the right microphones. However there's surely more of an input that Everton can do but if you email Alan.Bowen@evertonfc.com the man responsible at Everton for this you'll no doubt get the impression that he simply cba doing enough about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.