Goodison atmosphere tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to the north London derby which I watched, it was another no show from the fans. It was noticeable how much Spurs fans were behind their team even when they were losing, after the first 5 minutes Goodison was like a morgue as usual. We desperately need some new songs and chants and the willingness to sing them for more than 5 seconds, dread to think what the atmosphere is going to be like if/when we get a new stadium
Absolute crap mate. The atmosphere at GP was great. Obviously the sound pick ups at WHL did its job. The sound pick up at GP on the other hand was a nonsense. Since you weren't there, don't pass comment.

The Spurs support was good yesterday. There again they were attacking for 90% of the game. They were also very critical whenever they made a mistake.

Nothing special for a derby under the lights. Nothing special but not too bad either. It does have an influence on the game though. We have all been at goodison where the crowd have had a hugh influence on the result. It's terrible to say but with the type of football we are going to be playing the next few years we we are not going to be up there in relation to stadium atmospheres which is a pity cause we were right up there. Are we a boring team with boring support. Next year will tell a lot

Think everyone slating the crowd shouldn't make comments when everyone who went is saying how good it was. Gwladys street never sat down the whole game, there wasn't the usual rumble of chairs flipping up you get when we are coming forward because they never left their seats. They sang almost none stop. Sky are absolutely p*ss poor at picking up our crowd noise. We were willing that team on they just didn't respond to it really. You negative whoppers.

Think everyone slating the crowd shouldn't make comments when everyone who went is saying how good it was. Gwladys street never sat down the whole game, there wasn't the usual rumble of chairs flipping up you get when we are coming forward because they never left their seats. They sang almost none stop. Sky are absolutely p*ss poor at picking up our crowd noise. We were willing that team on they just didn't respond to it really. You negative whoppers.
I was at the game and we were disappointed with atmosphere especially for a derby but as soon as the teams where announced it had boring 0-0 all over it. I had been telling stories of Fiorentino under the lights and well lets just say it was a bit of a disappointment.

I was at the game and we were disappointed with atmosphere especially for a derby but as soon as the teams where announced it had boring 0-0 all over it. I had been telling stories of Fiorentino under the lights and well lets just say it was a bit of a disappointment.

It wasn't Fiorentina no but to people saying it was quiet have got it dead wrong.

You must have had ear plugs in.

It went slightly quite in the second half. But for a 0-0 boring match the atmosphere was great. I think if goals were scored it would have been the best atmosphere in years.

Before even walking into Goodison you could hear singing from pubs and outside the ground.

You must have had your hearing aid switched off then lad.

I could hear the crowd better on my Dolby surround sound TV today better than anyone at the actual match and can confirm that we were like in a library.

We would have won that game if the Gwladys Street bothered to get behind the lads.

The Gwladys Street holds us back as a football club. We need to demand more.

I do my best lid FFS

Compared to the north London derby which I watched, it was another no show from the fans. It was noticeable how much Spurs fans were behind their team even when they were losing, after the first 5 minutes Goodison was like a morgue as usual. We desperately need some new songs and chants and the willingness to sing them for more than 5 seconds, dread to think what the atmosphere is going to be like if/when we get a new stadium
I almost negged this - we were even singing 'your support is fkn sht' at one point to the RS in the first half.

Considering how the match played out I've got no complaints.

I've been to derbies at Goodison but at the minute live in London so it's not as easy just hoping on the bus to County Road, the atmosphere at Goodison is pish poor every single week without exception. We may have an incredible fan base and take 1000s to every away game but our songs and chants are none existent

Negged this one though.

*shakes head.

I do my best lid FFS

I almost negged this - we were even singing 'your support is fkn sht' at one point to the RS in the first half.

Considering how the match played out I've got no complaints.

Negged this one though.

*shakes head.
I heard a rendition of murderers.

.......delighted there were no incidents of items being thrown onto the pitch. Just had to nip into town, saw plenty of lads and lasses with Everton gear on and luggage so they had clearly been visiting for the game. Nice to see, not a Norwegian in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.