Goats squad analysis thread 2023/24

Goat

Player Valuation: £150m
Welcome, once again, to the thread in which I copy and paste from Wiki and we either watch a car crash happen or we watch the squad, grow.

Here is my in depth tactical analysis of the squad, sell rubbish players, buy good players.

Manager : Sean Dyche

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Andy Lonergan (HG)
João Virgínia

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (1)
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs (5)
James Tarkowski (HG)
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (9)
Amadou Onana (UA)
James Garner (HG)
Idrissa Gueye
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
André Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Dele Alli (HG)

Wide Forwards (2)
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)

Strikers (3)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Ellis Simms (HG)
Neal Maupay

Total players: 24

Players purchased so far:

Players culled so far:

Non-HG players: 8
Home-grown players: 13
Underage players: 3

Clearly a few TBC on certain players regarding contracts, but they are in, till they aint.

LB and another winger for certain. Between the fact we know Maupay is off and Calvert-Lewin being made of glass we know we need a striker. A concerning lack of quality at CB, only Tarkowski who is any good, unless Branthwaite is suddenly amazing we have to shift 1 or 2 of those CBs and bring a starting CB in.

In a way how clear the problem areas are for us should make this a straight forward window but then you remember it's us and we'll probably blow our budget on a CM despite it being out healthiest area.

Priorities other than meeting FFP for me are:

Incoming:
Centre forward
Right forward (has the Kudus boat sailed?)
Left back
Maybe a number 10, not necessarily to start but someone to play between the lines, Aaronson from Leeds would be worth a punt

Outgoing:
Keane and one of Holgate or Godfrey
Alli, Gbamin, Gomes

Out of the 25 players there are still 5 players in there who were on loan last season. Realistically i can only see Branthwaite and maybe Deli and Cannon return. So that leaves us with 23 players.

Big doubts are over the futures of: Maupay, Gray, Simms, Davies, Onana and Holgate/Godfrey (not sure we will/can flog both). Maybe even Lonergan.

So sell 6 more we could be looking at bringing around 6/7 players in. OMG