Goats squad analysis thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Everton's Number 9
And finally, its that time of year again, with the old season nearly done, we can finally look forward to next season. Lots and lots of changes needed, off and on the pitch, analysis will come later, but for now, this is the squad that will effectively be the 1 that HOPEFULLY our new manager will inherit for next season.

It will be a very long list, as extensive as I can get it, some players will be excluded for now, mainly yoots who havent yet appeared much for the first team, players out of contract will be added and always, its a "work in progress", so people can be removed and included at my discretion.

Manager : Sam Allardyce

GK
Jordan Pickford

Joel Robles
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny
Cuco Martina
Callum Connolly

LB

Leighton Baines
Antonee Robinson
Brendan Galloway
Luke Garbutt

CB
Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka
Ashley Williams
Ramiro Funes Mori
Mason Holgate
Matthew Pennington
Tyias Browning

DM/CM/AM
Muhamed Bešić
Morgan Schneiderlin
Wayne Rooney
James McCarthy
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Davy Klaassen
Tom Davies
Beni Baningime
Kieran Dowell

Widers

Yannick Bolasie
Theo Walcott
Nikola Vlašić
Kevin Mirallas
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

#Bloated

Analysis to come, but quick math, that squad cost upwards of 362m and 60 grand to "build" and is currently earning 2.3m per week in wages.

Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we’re stressed out

And finally, its that time of year again, with the old season nearly done, we can finally look forward to next season. Lots and lots of changes needed, off and on the pitch, analysis will come later, but for now, this is the squad that will effectively be the 1 that HOPEFULLY our new manager will inherit for next season.

It will be a very long list, as extensive as I can get it, some players will be excluded for now, mainly yoots who havent yet appeared much for the first team, players out of contract will be added and always, its a "work in progress", so people can be removed and included at my discretion.

Manager : Sam Allardyce

GK
Jordan Pickford - K

Joel Robles
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman - K
Jonjoe Kenny - K
Cuco Martina
Callum Connolly

LB

Leighton Baines - K
Antonee Robinson
Brendan Galloway
Luke Garbutt

CB
Michael Keane - K

Phil Jagielka
Ashley Williams
Ramiro Funes Mori - K
Mason Holgate - K
Matthew Pennington
Tyias Browning

DM/CM/AM
Muhamed Bešić - K
Morgan Schneiderlin
Wayne Rooney
James McCarthy
Idrissa Gueye - K
Gylfi Sigurðsson - K
Davy Klaassen - K
Tom Davies - K
Beni Baningime - K
Kieran Dowell

Widers

Yannick Bolasie
Theo Walcott - K
Nikola Vlašić - K
Kevin Mirallas
Ademola Lookman - K

Strikers
Cenk Tosun - K
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez - K
Dominic Calvert-Lewin - K

#Bloated

Analysis to come, but quick math, that squad cost upwards of 362m and 60 grand to "build" and is currently earning 2.3m per week in wages.

Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we’re stressed out

The big K means keep. That gives us 19 players. I’d keep McCarthy if he wasn’t made out of knock off play-doh but unfortunately he is. Besic, Klaassen, and Sandro all deserve another pop as far as I’m concerned.

The big K means keep. That gives us 19 players. I’d keep McCarthy if he wasn’t made out of knock off play-doh but unfortunately he is. Besic, Klaassen, and Sandro all deserve another pop as far as I’m concerned.
You want us to keep one goalkeeper, three centre backs and one 33 year old left back??

I realize this wouldn't include any incoming players but certainly we need more depth than this, even with buying one player in each of those positions.

Ricky-Ricardo-Shock-Hands-on-Head-I-Love-Lucy.gif

You want us to keep one goalkeeper, three centre backs and one 33 year old left back??

I realize this wouldn't include any incoming players but certainly we need more depth than this, even with buying one player in each of those positions.

Spoiler, I’d buy a young backup goalie, a first choice CB, and first choice LB as a matter of priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.