Goats squad analysis thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep names above. Any names above either sold if possible or loaned in some cases. (Dowell, Robinson)

Schneiderlin and Bolasie on stay of execution.

See what the likes of Klaassen, Vlasic, Sandro and Lookman can do with this season behind them and in a settled, united squad.

Bring in a LB, CB, CM and CF of real quality and settle on a system, style of play and identity. This with the right manager and everything could gel together.

tenor.gif

The amount of bang average players is horrifying. I’m sure some of them will sell for half decent money, but the thing is I don’t know whether better players will sign here and that’s more horrifying.

The Sessegnon shout is a good one, but I bet Fulham won’t sell him if they get promoted and of course we’ll be a good 2 weeks into the window before we know that. He might also have better options of course.

What makes a good team. Where would Liverpool be without Salah? What i'm saying is we need to Jelavic back.
Jelavic was a shining example of the the oft quoted expression: "once Everton touches you, nothing will be the same". How this translates in practice is "once Everton touches you, you rapidly become gash"

And finally, its that time of year again, with the old season nearly done, we can finally look forward to next season. Lots and lots of changes needed, off and on the pitch, analysis will come later, but for now, this is the squad that will effectively be the 1 that HOPEFULLY our new manager will inherit for next season.

It will be a very long list, as extensive as I can get it, some players will be excluded for now, mainly yoots who havent yet appeared much for the first team, players out of contract will be added and always, its a "work in progress", so people can be removed and included at my discretion.

Manager : Sam Allardyce - Cut, along with Walsh and Kenwright

GK
Jordan Pickford

Joel Robles - going of his own accord
Maarten Stekelenburg - replace asap

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny
Cuco Martina
Callum Connolly

LB

Leighton Baines - 1 more season, but we need a replacement now if poss
Antonee Robinson - still got potential
Brendan Galloway - failed potential, move on
Luke Garbutt - failed potential, move on

CB
Michael Keane - keep for now

Phil Jagielka - 1 more season...see Baines
Ashley Williams - get rid now and we'll never mention his name again
Ramiro Funes Mori
Mason Holgate
Matthew Pennington - soz but nah
Tyias Browning - see above

DM/CM/AM
Muhamed Bešić - potential world beater or world beater sick note
Morgan Schneiderlin - nah will revert to his old ways
Wayne Rooney - you cant need the dosh mate, worth a try, but just do us both a favour and 'koff
James McCarthy - sick note
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Davy Klaassen - somebody might be able to get a tune out of him

Tom Davies
Beni Baningime....who knows X 3
Kieran Dowell

Widers

Yannick Bolasie - sorry, but not sorry mate *hands him P45
Theo Walcott
Nikola Vlašić - stay of execution...for now
Kevin Mirallas - you've been stealing money for years*screws up P45, throws it at him as he walks out, presses button marked 'release the dobermans'
Ademola Lookman - still potential there

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse - whats not to like, gets a pass from me untill we find a real one
Sandro Ramírez - poormans Tosun, so for that reason I'm out
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

#Bloated

Analysis to come, but quick math, that squad cost upwards of 362m and 60 grand to "build" and is currently earning 2.3m per week in wages.

Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we’re stressed out

My dirty dozen or so for the P45...Make it so Moshiri or Silva or who ever

Im not sure now is the right time to do this, cos I honestly really hate Everton and 95% of the players at the moment, but I will try and not allow my hate to blind my assessment, I will try.....................

Manager : Sam Allardyce

Not the right thread, but as a side note, this is the 1 and only name I am dying to remove from this entire list, Paulo for me, in case anybody was in doubt.

GK
Jordan Pickford - KEEP

Joel Robles - SELL
Maarten Stekelenburg - SELL

The boy Jordan is a good keeper of the nets, the boy has got a very bright future, he makes the odd mistake, but put a good solid defence infront and he is the required standard for what I feel we should aspire to do.

Joel is widely reported to be leaving, which is a shame, hes a decent back up, but oh well, The Stek you would assume will be moved on, a few injuries and you would also assume he was "Ronnys man", this of course leaves us short in the GK area, im torn between getting in a "veteran" as back up, they are on the main utter tosh, but if we could the right 1 who knows, the other option is of course a yoot from our own yoot set up or somebody from somewhere else. We need a Min of 2, ideally 3 GK for a full season, a possible area of concern, possibly, Jordan aside.

RB
Séamus Coleman - KEEP
Jonjoe Kenny - KEEP
Cuco Martina - SELL
Callum Connolly - ?????

What can you say about Seamus that hasnt been said? Give him the armband for a START, we then have JJK, who for me, the jury is harshly still out, still young, certainly good enough as back up for now, but maybe a loan somewhere for 6months/season would be much better for his progress, rather than kissing the bench most weeks. Connolly, I wont pretend to know a great deal about, so, yeah, watch this space on him.

Cuco, Cuco, Cuco, what can you say about Cuco that hasnt already been said? For me hes had some utterly horrific games, but on the main, hes not as bad as most make out, again I think he will possibly also be moved on due to being 1 of "Ronnys men".

All in all we are well stocked in this area, I cant imagine much movement other than maybe a loan or 2 and possibly Cuco could be moved on.

LB
Leighton Baines - KEEP
Antonee Robinson - ?????
Brendan Galloway - SELL
Luke Garbutt - SELL

1 day I might count how many times ive said we need a LB in the last 12months, so I wont say it again.

Baines, as we all know isnt getting any younger, age catches up with us all, he still does "a job", but hes not the Baines we knew, which isnt his fault, I still love him, but, ah screw it, we need a freaking LEFT BACK.

Robinson has been getting some rave reviews and even earned a call up to some International pub team, sounds promising, right? To my shame I have yet to see the boy kick a ball, but could be a viable back up/prospect? *shrugs*.

Galloway has by all accounts had a torrid time on loan at Sunderland coupled with his also terrible loan at WBA and you gotta have a few doubts just who did we watch look so elegant playing on the left side of our defence all those years ago, which leaves Luke Roberto Carlos Garbutt, another player you would imagine will be moved on, which is a damn shame for a player who at 1 time showed a lot of promise.

We need a Left Back.

CB
Michael Keane - KEEP

Phil Jagielka - SELL
Ashley Williams - SELL
Ramiro Funes Mori - SELL
Mason Holgate - KEEP
Matthew Pennington - SELL
Tyias Browning - SELL

Keano, theres only 1 Keano, I hope 1 day we sing, he honestly plays like a broken man, the whole weight of the world rest on his shoulders, hes shown rare glimpses of looking a player and it would be stupid to write the lad off, but question marks AOTS for me, still as I say, I would retain him, for now. Jags, I love Jags, maybe I could count how many times ive said that, see Baines, Leighton and you have Jags, thought he might move on last summer, would think he might this, suppose it depends on many factors, but we will see.

Ashley bloody Williams, like Cuco hasnt been as bad as you would think, but cant imagine we will see him in an Everton shirt again.

Mori, im not a fan yano, really not, not amazingly bad, but hes a walking mistake, will no doubt now play like Franco Baresi in the World Cup and get a move to Real. I think hes ithcing to get away, but another 1 whos future will be determined by the manager. Big fan of the boy Mason, personally I think hes really grown as a player and not just in height, just hope hes handled the right way going forwards, big hopes for the boy.

By all accounts Pennington has had a fairly decent loan at Leeds, difficult to call, but wouldnt be shocked to see that made perma. Browning is out of contract this summer and I would be very surprised if he was offered a new contract, also by all accounts has had a really bad loan at Sland and with him being 23 you would imagine he will look to make a mark elsewhere.

DM/CM/AM
Muhamed Bešić - SELL, please forgive me Mo
Morgan Schneiderlin - SELL
Wayne Rooney - SELL
James McCarthy - SELL
Idrissa Gueye - KEEP
Gylfi Sigurðsson - KEEP
Davy Klaassen - SELL
Tom Davies - KEEP
Beni Baningime - KEEP
Kieran Dowell - KEEP

The middle of the park, the engine room, Peter Reid, Paul Bracewell *sniffs*, Mo Besic, had a rough time with injuries the last few years, I personally still think theres a player there and would LOVE him to be retained and played, sadly I honestly cant see that happening and would imagine he will be moved on in the summer, I will try not to cry. SniderRat, has shown the last few weeks what a player he is, sadly I think its all been to catch the eye for a move, shame.

Wayne Rooney, on his day was a world class player, but he wasnt, nor will he ever be a world class midfielder, murmurs of him possibly moving on, massive wages, for somebody who looks like a lad that has played almost non stop since the age of 16. McCarthy was starting to look like the Jamo we used to know before his injury, what he will be like after it is anybodys guess, he would have to be really unlucky to not come back the same player, ive marked him as sell for now, but cant see him moving this summer, thats for sure.

Our record signing, the boy from Iceland, I like him, he stays, of course. Klaassen, another 1 who possibly depends on the manager, but I would be very shocked if hes still here when the window SLAMS SHUT. Havent seen enough by any means, but lets be honest, what we have seen hasnt been great, a very talented player for me, but some players just arent suited to certain leagues.

TomTom hasnt been great this season if we are all honest, but for me he has enough about him to "stick with". Beni has just been given a new contract, might possibly benefit in a loan out somehere, but as always that would depend on what sort of incomings/outgoings that happen. The Ormskirk Ozil hit the gound running at Forest, scored some cracking goals, I think they changed manager? And he hasnt really hit the same heights the 2nd half of the season, but its been a long hard season for the lad, coupled with his World Cup duties, be very interested to see what sort of impact he can make in pre-season.

Widers
Yannick Bolasie - SELL
Theo Walcott - KEEP
Nikola Vlašić - KEEP
Kevin Mirallas - SELL
Ademola Lookman - KEEP

Yala, pre-injury I thought he looked quite dangerous, very erratic, but he was a weapon IMO, but since hes been back hes been utterly horrific im sorry to say, PUNT. Been very impressed with Walcott, hes a very dangerous player and I think will prove to be a very good signing. Vlasic for me has been quite poor on the main, a few bright spots, but certainly 1 for the future, might benefit with a loan? Lookman has been amazing at RB, I liked the lad when we first signed him, thought he dipped slightly for a bit and hopefully we are the 1s to benefit from his loan away.

Strikers
Cenk Tosun - KEEP
Oumar Niasse - SELL
Sandro Ramírez - SELL
Dominic Calvert-Lewin - KEEP

Tosun looks a very good finisher, im not convinced he can lead the line on his own yet, but if we feed him, he could score some goals. Niasse, lets be honest, is a very bad footballer, BUT, he has a knack of making things happen, "The Lucky One" indeed, dangerous up top cos quite frankly if he doesnt know what hes doing, nobody else does, as you can see im not a fan at all, clearly not as bad as I make out and part of me thinks we should keep him for his mayhem value, but I think we can do better...........

Sandro, BLAMMO, well no, not quite, cant imagine he will be sticking around.

DCL, still very raw, still cant finish to save his life, despite this has some quite decent digits, hopefully he kicks on next year and shows some real talent.

So in summary I think we need.

1 Back up GK
1 starting LB
1 starting CB at least
1 DM/CM
2 Widers
1 ST at the very min

We need creativity in the side, big time, whether that comes from a wider we buy or somebody for the middle of the park, we need it big time, the squad is currently very bloated and we need to punt a serious amount of players, we need quality players, we have squad players, every player bar possibly a GK needs to be of the highest quality we can attract, I pity whoever has to sort of this utter shambles of a squad, I really do.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes!!!

Im not sure now is the right time to do this, cos I honestly really hate Everton and 95% of the players at the moment, but I will try and not allow my hate to blind my assessment, I will try.....................

Manager : Sam Allardyce

Not the right thread, but as a side note, this is the 1 and only name I am dying to remove from this entire list, Paulo for me, in case anybody was in doubt.

GK
Jordan Pickford - KEEP

Joel Robles - SELL
Maarten Stekelenburg - SELL

The boy Jordan is a good keeper of the nets, the boy has got a very bright future, he makes the odd mistake, but put a good solid defence infront and he is the required standard for what I feel we should aspire to do.

Joel is widely reported to be leaving, which is a shame, hes a decent back up, but oh well, The Stek you would assume will be moved on, a few injuries and you would also assume he was "Ronnys man", this of course leaves us short in the GK area, im torn between getting in a "veteran" as back up, they are on the main utter tosh, but if we could the right 1 who knows, the other option is of course a yoot from our own yoot set up or somebody from somewhere else. We need a Min of 2, ideally 3 GK for a full season, a possible area of concern, possibly, Jordan aside.

RB
Séamus Coleman - KEEP
Jonjoe Kenny - KEEP
Cuco Martina - SELL
Callum Connolly - ?????

What can you say about Seamus that hasnt been said? Give him the armband for a START, we then have JJK, who for me, the jury is harshly still out, still young, certainly good enough as back up for now, but maybe a loan somewhere for 6months/season would be much better for his progress, rather than kissing the bench most weeks. Connolly, I wont pretend to know a great deal about, so, yeah, watch this space on him.

Cuco, Cuco, Cuco, what can you say about Cuco that hasnt already been said? For me hes had some utterly horrific games, but on the main, hes not as bad as most make out, again I think he will possibly also be moved on due to being 1 of "Ronnys men".

All in all we are well stocked in this area, I cant imagine much movement other than maybe a loan or 2 and possibly Cuco could be moved on.

LB
Leighton Baines - KEEP
Antonee Robinson - ?????
Brendan Galloway - SELL
Luke Garbutt - SELL

1 day I might count how many times ive said we need a LB in the last 12months, so I wont say it again.

Baines, as we all know isnt getting any younger, age catches up with us all, he still does "a job", but hes not the Baines we knew, which isnt his fault, I still love him, but, ah screw it, we need a freaking LEFT BACK.

Robinson has been getting some rave reviews and even earned a call up to some International pub team, sounds promising, right? To my shame I have yet to see the boy kick a ball, but could be a viable back up/prospect? *shrugs*.

Galloway has by all accounts had a torrid time on loan at Sunderland coupled with his also terrible loan at WBA and you gotta have a few doubts just who did we watch look so elegant playing on the left side of our defence all those years ago, which leaves Luke Roberto Carlos Garbutt, another player you would imagine will be moved on, which is a damn shame for a player who at 1 time showed a lot of promise.

We need a Left Back.

CB
Michael Keane - KEEP

Phil Jagielka - SELL
Ashley Williams - SELL
Ramiro Funes Mori - SELL
Mason Holgate - KEEP
Matthew Pennington - SELL
Tyias Browning - SELL

Keano, theres only 1 Keano, I hope 1 day we sing, he honestly plays like a broken man, the whole weight of the world rest on his shoulders, hes shown rare glimpses of looking a player and it would be stupid to write the lad off, but question marks AOTS for me, still as I say, I would retain him, for now. Jags, I love Jags, maybe I could count how many times ive said that, see Baines, Leighton and you have Jags, thought he might move on last summer, would think he might this, suppose it depends on many factors, but we will see.

Ashley bloody Williams, like Cuco hasnt been as bad as you would think, but cant imagine we will see him in an Everton shirt again.

Mori, im not a fan yano, really not, not amazingly bad, but hes a walking mistake, will no doubt now play like Franco Baresi in the World Cup and get a move to Real. I think hes ithcing to get away, but another 1 whos future will be determined by the manager. Big fan of the boy Mason, personally I think hes really grown as a player and not just in height, just hope hes handled the right way going forwards, big hopes for the boy.

By all accounts Pennington has had a fairly decent loan at Leeds, difficult to call, but wouldnt be shocked to see that made perma. Browning is out of contract this summer and I would be very surprised if he was offered a new contract, also by all accounts has had a really bad loan at Sland and with him being 23 you would imagine he will look to make a mark elsewhere.

DM/CM/AM
Muhamed Bešić - SELL, please forgive me Mo
Morgan Schneiderlin - SELL
Wayne Rooney - SELL
James McCarthy - SELL
Idrissa Gueye - KEEP
Gylfi Sigurðsson - KEEP
Davy Klaassen - SELL
Tom Davies - KEEP
Beni Baningime - KEEP
Kieran Dowell - KEEP

The middle of the park, the engine room, Peter Reid, Paul Bracewell *sniffs*, Mo Besic, had a rough time with injuries the last few years, I personally still think theres a player there and would LOVE him to be retained and played, sadly I honestly cant see that happening and would imagine he will be moved on in the summer, I will try not to cry. SniderRat, has shown the last few weeks what a player he is, sadly I think its all been to catch the eye for a move, shame.

Wayne Rooney, on his day was a world class player, but he wasnt, nor will he ever be a world class midfielder, murmurs of him possibly moving on, massive wages, for somebody who looks like a lad that has played almost non stop since the age of 16. McCarthy was starting to look like the Jamo we used to know before his injury, what he will be like after it is anybodys guess, he would have to be really unlucky to not come back the same player, ive marked him as sell for now, but cant see him moving this summer, thats for sure.

Our record signing, the boy from Iceland, I like him, he stays, of course. Klaassen, another 1 who possibly depends on the manager, but I would be very shocked if hes still here when the window SLAMS SHUT. Havent seen enough by any means, but lets be honest, what we have seen hasnt been great, a very talented player for me, but some players just arent suited to certain leagues.

TomTom hasnt been great this season if we are all honest, but for me he has enough about him to "stick with". Beni has just been given a new contract, might possibly benefit in a loan out somehere, but as always that would depend on what sort of incomings/outgoings that happen. The Ormskirk Ozil hit the gound running at Forest, scored some cracking goals, I think they changed manager? And he hasnt really hit the same heights the 2nd half of the season, but its been a long hard season for the lad, coupled with his World Cup duties, be very interested to see what sort of impact he can make in pre-season.

Widers
Yannick Bolasie - SELL
Theo Walcott - KEEP
Nikola Vlašić - KEEP
Kevin Mirallas - SELL
Ademola Lookman - KEEP

Yala, pre-injury I thought he looked quite dangerous, very erratic, but he was a weapon IMO, but since hes been back hes been utterly horrific im sorry to say, PUNT. Been very impressed with Walcott, hes a very dangerous player and I think will prove to be a very good signing. Vlasic for me has been quite poor on the main, a few bright spots, but certainly 1 for the future, might benefit with a loan? Lookman has been amazing at RB, I liked the lad when we first signed him, thought he dipped slightly for a bit and hopefully we are the 1s to benefit from his loan away.

Strikers
Cenk Tosun - KEEP
Oumar Niasse - SELL
Sandro Ramírez - SELL
Dominic Calvert-Lewin - KEEP

Tosun looks a very good finisher, im not convinced he can lead the line on his own yet, but if we feed him, he could score some goals. Niasse, lets be honest, is a very bad footballer, BUT, he has a knack of making things happen, "The Lucky One" indeed, dangerous up top cos quite frankly if he doesnt know what hes doing, nobody else does, as you can see im not a fan at all, clearly not as bad as I make out and part of me thinks we should keep him for his mayhem value, but I think we can do better...........

Sandro, BLAMMO, well no, not quite, cant imagine he will be sticking around.

DCL, still very raw, still cant finish to save his life, despite this has some quite decent digits, hopefully he kicks on next year and shows some real talent.

So in summary I think we need.

1 Back up GK
1 starting LB
1 starting CB at least
1 DM/CM
2 Widers
1 ST at the very min

We need creativity in the side, big time, whether that comes from a wider we buy or somebody for the middle of the park, we need it big time, the squad is currently very bloated and we need to punt a serious amount of players, we need quality players, we have squad players, every player bar possibly a GK needs to be of the highest quality we can attract, I pity whoever has to sort of this utter shambles of a squad, I really do.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes!!!

Selling an angel and a prince...not sure I can cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.