Goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt.

Player Valuation: £90m
Not a problem position at the moment i don't think but I was chatting with a few friends today and the discussion came around to wolves keeper Wayne Hennesey ( topic comes up often as he is a local lad to us ), over the last 6 or 7 seven weeks this lad has been outstanding and is slowly gaining a rep as one of the better keepers in the premier league,,, i think it would be worth a punt bringing in a lad like this as a long term replacement for Howard,,,, obvious obstacles being 1) price and 2) he wouldnt want to be on the bench,,,, as an afterthought we discussed what he would cost when you consider how much united paid for de gea,,, in my opinion united would have been better off going after this lad for a fraction of the cost.

Good shout, but think you've hit the nail on the head with number 2. He won't want to be on the bench. Not after forcing himself into the first team at Wolves.

Tim Howard is the least of our worries. He'll play until 40. We don't need a new keeper right now, why waste the money. Plus, we seem to have a zillion in the reserves, see if one of them work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.