Give Anichebe a run??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swansea away, he was bang up for it, scored and gave their centre halves a torrid afternoon.

His best start in a long time that was.

Freezes a bit when he starts a game. He seems to come on as a sub with a bit more anger and aggression and he puts himself about more. He's best left on the bench. We need to be looking to bring a striker in who can be a real alternative to Jelavic.

Yeah he's definitely more effective as a sub lately but Jelavic isn't effective as a starter so i don't really see why we wouldn't start Vic against Bolton and/or West Brom and see what happens.

If it doesn't work then we start a striker who doesn't score but we do that anyway these days.

What have we really got to lose by giving him a couple of starts?

Freezes a bit when he starts a game. He seems to come on as a sub with a bit more anger and aggression and he puts himself about more. He's best left on the bench. We need to be looking to bring a striker in who can be a real alternative to Jelavic.

This.

But he might be worth a punt against Bolton

He's an excellent impact sub; I don't think he can maintain his energy level with his style of play for 90 mins.

Play both and put fellaini in midfield withi osman

This. Vic and Jela up top with Fellaini next to Gibson or Osman in midfield. If we're resigned to playing one up top, I think Vic deserves a run. He's been on better form this season than has Jela. Even if Vic can only go 70, he's earned it and Jela can replace him for the final 20.

Either Jelavic starts and doesn't score or Anichebe does the same, what is the big deal? Right now Anichebe is looking much more threatening, give him the start, he has earned it.

I'd like to see him start against Bolton. With Jelavic's form, no time like the present.

I just don't trust Anichebe to perform, the lad has loads of ability but can be really lazy even looks like he can't be arsed some games. I thought he had changed but it all came back against swansea.

We need to get jalavic scoring again what better game than against a championship side. He will get more chances if mirallas plays.

Big Vic should start against Bolton, he is more of a threat than Jelavic and is in better form.

Surely Moyes should reward the players who are playing well and performing rather than the players who haven't done their job all season.

I think he's starting to show signs of a great attacking option, With our transfer budget being what it is, I think he'll really step his game up (Touch wood he keeps fit). In recent games he's played well, he has a decent cross on him, and he can turn a defender pretty quick too. I agree his defensive side isnt the best, but when was the last time we at Everton had a attacker that chased every ball down? Who is everyone comparing him to to say he's ****e?

Status
Not open for further replies.